Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: X-Men: Days of Future Past(2014)
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:21 am 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

A year ago we were told that a X-Men 4 film was in active development and if you search for it thats all you are gonna read about that. Will we ever get a X-Men 4 and the bigger question do we even want a X-Men 4 film?

Last edited by S.H.I.E.L.D. on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:00 am 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

I think they should just reboot the X-Men franchise, using X-Men First class as the prequel. Have Magneto and the brotherhood versus the X-men, but also keep contrinuity from FC (maybe have Banshee/Beast as vets on the team, with Cyclops, Storm (NOT played by Hallie Berry) Angel, Jean Grey, and Iceman as younger (late teen, like 18-19 year old) rookies. Of course its pretty much a law that Wolverine must be in, so get Hugh Jackman back, but don't focus too much on his story, and ignore X-Men origins. FC proved a movie without Wolverine as a main character can do well, so he really doesn't need to be the focus. If that means no Jackman, then recast the part. Patrick Stewart as Prof X is a must, though. He was great, plus he probably would be easy to get back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:54 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

It does depend at what point in time you want the film cause depending on that they could use James McAvoy I mean idk it would seem interesting to see a youthful Professor X. But you know I think I might get where you are trying to go. But if I may tweak your idea a bit. Now stay with me for a moment they could do a movie that has the same X-Men team like the one from the 90s animated series. Gambit, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Jean Grey, Jubilee, Beast & Rogue. I mean as a sequel film I would love to see The Phoenix done the way it was in that series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:28 am 
Marquis

1,267 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm kind of in agreeance with rebooting it all. Origins (both of them, first class and otherwise) conflict with each other anyway, so they clearly aren't going for continuity here. I don't see the harm in restarting everything and moving on.

Hugh Jackman, however, certainly has solidified the idea of the modern day conception of Wolverine in our generation - it'd be hard pressed to find someone to recast him as.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:14 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

X-Men 4 is dead in the water, nobody wants to try & salvage the mess that was Last Stand.

First Class is "officially" an in continuity prequel but I'd rather see it as a reboot and have them use the idea that was rumoured a while back - FC takes place in the 60s and each sequel focusses on the following decade.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:27 pm 
Knight

771 total thanks.
Say thanks

I doubt we'll get X-Men 4 now. It's been too long, and I doubt they would be able to get everyone back again. From the looks of it, Jackman's Wolverine is going to continue going solo, and the rest of the X-Men are in prequel mode with the First Class series.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:49 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

The problem with using First Class as a reboot, sadly is largely down to Jackman having appeared in every X film made so far, firmly solidifying himself as Logan/Wolverine for the franchise. It does mean that he cannot appear in any first class sequels in anything other than a cameo, but you can't reboot the series without him as he has already appeared. I suppose effectively, for the present day it would just have to be an X-Men team that never features Logan. But that does effectively cut out a decent adaptation of the Phoenix saga. :shrug:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:24 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

And Stan Lee has appeared in (almost) every movie featuring a Marvel character. Dosen't make them connected.

The "Wolverine" cameo in First Class was just an in-joke for the fans, nothing worth hanging a whole franchise on. He isn't even mentioned in the movie credits so if you were coming at FC without seeing the first films he's just some guy sitting at a bar.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:56 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
X-Men 4 is dead in the water, nobody wants to try & salvage the mess that was Last Stand.

First Class is "officially" an in continuity prequel but I'd rather see it as a reboot and have them use the idea that was rumoured a while back - FC takes place in the 60s and each sequel focusses on the following decade.

It would seem interesting to see the struggle of a Mutant throughout the 1960s I mean there would be years of material to do. And what made FC interesting as already pointed out it showed you don't need Wolverine to make a good X-Men film.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:59 pm 
Knight

82 total thanks.
Say thanks

With the success of the Avengers and upcoming reboot of Spiderman, I would say scrap it all and reboot it properlike. Certainly an X-Men reboot, then maybe an X-Factor, a X-Force, or New Mutants, and then lead into a big X-Men bash up. Set it in the same timeline/continuity of the Avengers and maybe one day a Marvel Universe throw down could be done. A vs X anyone?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:22 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

vastrix wrote:
With the success of the Avengers and upcoming reboot of Spiderman, I would say scrap it all and reboot it properlike. Certainly an X-Men reboot, then maybe an X-Factor, a X-Force, or New Mutants, and then lead into a big X-Men bash up. Set it in the same timeline/continuity of the Avengers and maybe one day a Marvel Universe throw down could be done. A vs X anyone?

Kind of having too much hope that so many X films could be done and be good films.

Post subject: Re: Will we ever get a X-Men 4 film?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:19 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I hope for a fourth and also a dead pool movie :)

:thor:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:46 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

You know they could do what Spider-man did like already mentioned and reboot it and call the movie The Astonishing X-Men or one of the other various titles of X-Men.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:45 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Not gonna happen - First Class 2 already has a release date fixed and starts shooting next year.

ScreenRant wrote:
X-Men: First Class 2 (not the official title) will hit U.S. theaters on July 18th, 2014 – just a week short of a year after the next X-Men sequel due to arrive in theaters, The Wolverine. Shooting on First Class 2 is slated to get underway by January 2013, with the majority of the First Class main cast onboard to return. Matthew Vaughn will once again be holding the directorial reins, working from a script he supervised, in collaboration with his go-to writing partner, Jane Goldman, and screenwriter Simon Kinberg (Sherlock Holmes). The original First Class was a notoriously rushed production; it will be interesting to see what Vaughn can do with ample time to work – considering how well he did with so little time to create.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:46 pm 
Knight

40 total thanks.
Say thanks

I hope they don't make a Deadpool film.

I adored the character and then they went batshit and over saturated all of their titles with cameos. Besides MAX I haven't been able to even read an issue in almost 2 years.

And there is no way they can do the character justice on the screen. I firmly believe that. I mean how would they portray his multiple inner voices?

I'm just still shocked that Marvel are still going ahead with an Ant Man movie. I mean honestly who cares?