Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:58 am 
Count

Thanked 0 times for this post.
3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

the current lineup is Madrox (Multiple Man), Monet, Longshot, Shatterstar, Rictor, Layla Miller, and Polaris. A couple other characters that are in a state of flux with the team.

It's an awesome series, they're actually out in the street doing investigations. It's one of the better books. Mostly self contained as opposed to the X-Men titles often crossing over into each with little cohesiveness.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:02 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Did this series skip into the #200 issues? Because I am looking it up online and it goes from #50 to #200. Like I don't understand that.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:09 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
Did this series skip into the #200 issues? Because I am looking it up online and it goes from #50 to #200. Like I don't understand that.

Ya. It was volume 3 for #1-50, then reverted to 'original numbering' from #200 - now, #245.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:19 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Oh I see it now the First series from 1987 ended with issue #149 and they are just as you said going back to the original numbering. I see thats a bit odd to do might seem confusing to some. So I didn't realize till after I looked it up and then look at the older posts on this that most of them are from 2009. If say I still wanted to get the back issues for this series besides being expensive would be getting the the almost 100 issues of this series in the end be worth it if i can somehow stay current with it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:39 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
Oh I see it now the First series from 1987 ended with issue #149 and they are just as you said going back to the original numbering. I see thats a bit odd to do might seem confusing to some. So I didn't realize till after I looked it up and then look at the older posts on this that most of them are from 2009. If say I still wanted to get the back issues for this series besides being expensive would be getting the the almost 100 issues of this series in the end be worth it if i can somehow stay current with it?

Not really all that odd. Plenty of different titles revert to original numbering when reaching a milestone. Captain America is the first to spring to mind.

If you're to get it, while you might find some in the bargain bin, I'd personally try to find some HCs or tpbs. But maybe that's just me.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:56 am 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

For the best runs on X-Factor you're looking at:

X-Factor Vol 1 (1986) #71-89
Madrox #1-5
X-Factor Vol 3 (2006) #1-50, #200-current issue (plus the "Quick and the Dead" and "Layla Miller" one-shots)

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:00 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Man i feel sad that this comic series might end and everyone leaving the x-factor group. X-factor is one of my favorite series to follow :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:58 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

It still will be going on in 2013 as far as I know. Anyways I have to ask with them making Rictor and Shatterstar a homosexual couple on the team and M being a muslim super hero which is what I got she was from what I read. Are those two things is what makes it seem like X-Factor pushes boudaries or is it more common then I think or at least nowadays?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:41 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
It still will be going on in 2013 as far as I know. Anyways I have to ask with them making Rictor and Shatterstar a homosexual couple on the team and M being a muslim super hero which is what I got she was from what I read. Are those two things is what makes it seem like X-Factor pushes boudaries or is it more common then I think or at least nowadays?

There are more muslim characters and heroes than you might think, most notable are Dust, and Faiza Hussain current wielder of Excalibur and part of MI-13. Astonishing X-Men had the gay marriage, so even gay heroes and their storylines are nothing new. X-Factor's popularity is just down to being one of the more consistent and entertaining X-books out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:20 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Although there was outcry when Rictor kissed Shatterstar. He'd been sleeping with Rhane before she went off with X-Force, so obviously some people couldn't handle it.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:57 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

acelister wrote:
Although there was outcry when Rictor kissed Shatterstar. He'd been sleeping with Rhane before she went off with X-Force, so obviously some people couldn't handle it.

Why was it such a shock I heard there was some sort of chemistry between those two at one point in time? If I remember right Jeph Loeb and Fabian Nieceza were doing that sort of thing in X-Force and Cable comics before they quit because of some marvel crossover with Bob Harass or something. And the new writer just dropped that sort of plotline entirely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

X-Force with Cable isn't something I've ever felt the desire to go back to, so I can't confirm nor deny that. But it's likely. PAD's reason for them getting together is simply because it makes sense due to what the two have lived through and experienced together. There's probably been some hints at something deeper than friendship beforehand, but they only kissed first in this book.

I know the 'Shatterstar is somehow related to Longshot' thing definitely goes back to the 90's, which PAD had a lot of fun with...

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:24 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

You know though I may have said M was a muslim super hero but I feel a bit confused by that because was she always a muslim super hero or was it something they did in the 2005 series? I feel confused by that because it felt like she wasn't always that way at least in her earlier years.

Post subject: Re: X-Factor (2005)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:35 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

I've been asking that myself,took me 2 seconds to figure it out

wanna know my secret ? :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:54 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Let me guess because only Lex continues to say it and I have already used google and I felt confused on this particular subject which is why I asked it here to be unconfused about it.