Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WrestleMania XXVII, anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:21 am 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

For the first time I probably won't be watching 'Mania this year. Haven't seen any WWE since last year's 'Mania and to be honest I can't say as I've missed it at all.

Only match on the bill that looks anywhere near decent is Taker/HHH, none of the others look even remotely "Biggest Show of the Year" quality.

Profile WWW  

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:58 pm 
Knight

4 total thanks.
Say thanks

It is going to be the biggest WrestleMania ever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:11 am 
Knight

51 total thanks.
Say thanks

I love Cole because its been forever since we have had a heel commentator, and he has been great in the role, but I hope and pray that we get a Lawler piledriver tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:05 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

dont worry spaced...that was pretty much the only good match...overall it was disappointing but the final main event outcome was good!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:06 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Kara wrote:
I love Cole because its been forever since we have had a heel commentator, and he has been great in the role, but I hope and pray that we get a Lawler piledriver tomorrow.

I agree Kara...lawler was getting soft anyways. sorry cole didn't even get a stunner...but seemingly jack swagger, josh matthews, and even booker t got stunners lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 5:07 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

godzilla wrote:
It is going to be the biggest WrestleMania ever

it wasn't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:23 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Just a quick question and I’m in no way trying to insult anyone.
why do you watch WWE when you know it’s a show and not real, would you not rather MMA were the fights are real?

again not looking for an argument just curious :shrug:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:53 am 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

batman2000 wrote:
why do you watch WWE when you know it’s a show and not real

Same reason you watch any other TV show - entertainment value. Pro wrestling is basically a testosterone filled soap opera with extended fight scenes.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:05 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Fair point

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:56 pm 
King

11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

That was a weird Mania... Booked in a crazy order, matches dropped.

People are raving about the HHH/Taker match but all it was was finisher after finisher. :shrug:

And what was with Orton doing an Angle slam and Cole and Lawler both doing the Ankle Lock? Taking a shot at Angle and TNA?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:52 pm 
Knight

621 total thanks.
Say thanks

jizzme wrote:
dont worry spaced...that was pretty much the only good match...overall it was disappointing but the final main event outcome was good!

yeah... no.

Taker/Trips was decent, certainly, but it was far from the only good match. Edge/Del Rio, Rey/Cody and Punk/Orton were all on the watchable scale. Punk/Orton perhaps less so, given the awesome build it had and the relatively disappointing payoff, but even so.

Rey/Cody was solid - not great, but solid - but suffered from coming after the surprising opener of Edge/Del Rio. perhaps not as spectacular as it could/should have been, but a good watch.

as to Edge/Del Rio, it was also a good, solid bout. I'm 50/50 with it opening the card, but regardless, there's no way in hell Edge should have won. it made Del Rio's push all the more confusing. also didn't help that Del Rio barely sold the (absolutely pointless) attack on his car afterward.

The Corre/patchwork babyface team... eesh. less said the better. they bump Bryan/Sheamus and leave this? and the patchwork babyface team go over the established heel faction?

Lawler/Cole was a mess. the "Jerry!" *bang* "Jerry!" *bang* "Jerry!" *bang* part at the beginning was nice. the rest... well, the less said the better. poor Austin.

Taker/Trips was not the show-saver some folk are raving about, but it was certainly strong. they basically went for the spots from the off, as opposed to building to a finish, which was a good decision.

Snookifest had the neat JoMo Starship Pain spot to the floor, and that was about it. oh, and a flipping Snooki. marvellous.

Miz/Cena was... just kinda odd. Cena's entrance was bafflingly obscure. The Rock standing tall at the end made perfect sense, but it was a bit of an "...eh" finish.

CactusFunk wrote:

aye, 'weird' puts it quite succinctly.

CactusFunk wrote:
People are raving about the HHH/Taker match but all it was was finisher after finisher. :shrug:

it was, but... see above.

CactusFunk wrote:
And what was with Orton doing an Angle slam and Cole and Lawler both doing the Ankle Lock? Taking a shot at Angle and TNA?

because Angle didn't 'take' the the ankle lock from Ken Shamrock? and the Angle Slam, not to mention his entire moveset, is pretty standard fare as far as wrestling goes?

I'd venture that had nothing at all to do with Angle, at least from WWE's point of view. from Angle's point of view? oh aye, I'm sure the whole event was probably some premeditated dig at him. :wink:

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:35 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

yeah...

read what you just wrote...basically only the HHH/Taker match was decent.

i hate cena (and i imagine anyone with a brain would too). so anytime he loses and loses at a main event. that is a plus.

Envy wrote:
jizzme wrote:

yeah... no.

Taker/Trips was decent, certainly, but it was far from the only good match. Edge/Del Rio, Rey/Cody and Punk/Orton were all on the watchable scale. Punk/Orton perhaps less so, given the awesome build it had and the relatively disappointing payoff, but even so.

Rey/Cody was solid - not great, but solid - but suffered from coming after the surprising opener of Edge/Del Rio. perhaps not as spectacular as it could/should have been, but a good watch.

as to Edge/Del Rio, it was also a good, solid bout. I'm 50/50 with it opening the card, but regardless, there's no way in hell Edge should have won. it made Del Rio's push all the more confusing. also didn't help that Del Rio barely sold the (absolutely pointless) attack on his car afterward.

The Corre/patchwork babyface team... eesh. less said the better. they bump Bryan/Sheamus and leave this? and the patchwork babyface team go over the established heel faction?

Lawler/Cole was a mess. the "Jerry!" *bang* "Jerry!" *bang* "Jerry!" *bang* part at the beginning was nice. the rest... well, the less said the better. poor Austin.

Taker/Trips was not the show-saver some folk are raving about, but it was certainly strong. they basically went for the spots from the off, as opposed to building to a finish, which was a good decision.

Snookifest had the neat JoMo Starship Pain spot to the floor, and that was about it. oh, and a flipping Snooki. marvellous.

Miz/Cena was... just kinda odd. Cena's entrance was bafflingly obscure. The Rock standing tall at the end made perfect sense, but it was a bit of an "...eh" finish.

CactusFunk wrote:

aye, 'weird' puts it quite succinctly.

CactusFunk wrote:

it was, but... see above.

CactusFunk wrote:

because Angle didn't 'take' the the ankle lock from Ken Shamrock? and the Angle Slam, not to mention his entire moveset, is pretty standard fare as far as wrestling goes?

I'd venture that had nothing at all to do with Angle, at least from WWE's point of view. from Angle's point of view? oh aye, I'm sure the whole event was probably some premeditated dig at him. :wink:

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:41 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yeah I agree. It's pretty much for the storylines and physicality (whether or not its fake or real) because you still need some athleticism to wrestle. It's kind of like what vince said in an interview a while back that they try to make it a variety show.

Spaced wrote:
batman2000 wrote:
why do you watch WWE when you know it’s a show and not real

Same reason you watch any other TV show - entertainment value. Pro wrestling is basically a testosterone filled soap opera with extended fight scenes.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:47 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

CactusFunk wrote:

Yeah totally the card order was really messed up. They should never have did Edge/Del rio first. They shouldn't have canceled Sheamus/Daniel Bryan for Main event status (it was changed to a dark match).

So was WM 25 and 26. It was finisher after finisher, except this time taker got 3 pedigrees and his own tombstone. 25 and 26 were very similar even though people raved about it, but yes WM 27 would have totally sucked without this match. Its gotten to a point that ppl watch WM just to see the streak. I liked the finish alot though ~ a submission finish to this kind of match is good.

Orton was using the angle slam (announcers call it a side slam) for a while. I think it was sometime before the elimination chamber ppv. Cole and Lawler used ankle locks as gimmicks. Cole because he can't wrestle and they were trying to sell jack swagger training cole and Lawler used it in spite of Cole. No it's not taking a shot at kurt angle (who wwe would sign back in a minute if they could). But jack swagger's gimmick is pretty much a rip off of kurt angle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Seems that the match getting dropped & the stupid squash match were down to Rock, HHH & Taker:

Quote:
Now that The Rock has been added to the Cena-Miz match, Vince has decided at the last minute that the match should be longer. This is of course all great, if it wasn't that several production agents had to tell many other superstars their matches would be shortened. Talent is not happy about this, as they see it after another slap in the face after their paychecks were cut to pay for Snooki appearing at the event.

To make things even worse, The Undertaker and HHH have a "soft timer" for their match. That means that today (Sunday, April 3rd), they can choose how long their match will last. This might mean that more low and midcard superstars have to shorten their match at the last minute.

Profile WWW