Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Whats your job?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:27 am 
Knight

Thanked 2 times for this post.
10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

So besides being a comic book lover, anime lover and etc. What is your job in the real world? And why did you pick that job and is that the job you dreamed of doing?

Right now I would say I am unemployed cause I don't have a job but I do live with family right now. And I guess right now I'm working on what I wanna do with my life.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:36 am 
Merchant

Thanked 3 times for this post.
2,050 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm a Call Centre Manager, if that means anything to anyone. Well I am at the moment, this week I accepted redundancy, and with a baby on the way it may not be the brightest move. But after 12 years I need to do something else, some where else before I go postal. So I'm hoping to get a new job before my termination date in October creeps around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:39 am 
Count

2,829 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm a computer technician and I chose it because I'm good at it and find it fairly enjoyable. My dream job ... thinking realistic I truly enjoyed my job when I was a training rep because it revolved around technology and I truly enjoy training. I wanted to be a massage therapist when I was younger but with my shoulders now I'm not sure if I would enjoy that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:45 am 
Merchant

Thanked 4 times for this post.
2,050 total thanks.
Say thanks

My dream job? A book shop. Second hand and no fucking trading cards in sight, just the odd bottle of wine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:50 am 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

Carpenter and framer. I build new homes and townhouses. Only been with this company for a few months, but have been doing various construction for 7 years.

This is definitely not what I imagined myself doing. When I was a kid, I wanted to be an author. I used to write and bind/staple books and hand them out to my family to read. Then around age 12 I decided I wanted to work with computers. Things happened later on in high school that derailed all that, and so here I am. Doing something I never would have thought I'd be doing, but that I enjoy nonetheless. Most days.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:54 am 
King

11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

Monkeymanbob wrote:
My dream job? A book shop. Second hand and no fucking trading cards in sight, just the odd bottle of wine

:O That's what I want! I'm gonna have a second hand book shop with a dedicated comic section at the back, and a bar at the front where you can buy drinks and snacks while you read some of the books. :)

At the moment I'm a salesman, sellin TV's, audio products, Laptops, iPod's, etc, etc.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:34 am 
Merchant

2,050 total thanks.
Say thanks

Funky, we'll set up a chain of Boozey Books, "Have a tipple with your Tolkein, a sherbert with Herbert and a shandy with Shakespere". But I get to be turned down by the fit birds first

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:28 am 
King

11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

Monkeymanbob wrote:
Funky, we'll set up a chain of Boozey Books, "Have a tipple with your Tolkein, a sherbert with Herbert and a shandy with Shakespere". But I get to be turned down by the fit birds first

Deal! :cheesy:

Btw, I love that name and that quote will definately be on the wall of my shop.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:21 pm 
Merchant

2,050 total thanks.
Say thanks

The section on Movies has to contain proper movie books not sodding "Coronation Street: A Pictorial History". The bookshops down here are terrible for graphic novels and decent cinema, laughing if you want to read about someones life of being locked in a cupboard and buggered every Sunday morning

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:39 pm 
Squire

14 total thanks.
Say thanks

kind of new here but love this forum *great work btw*

my current job is beeing kind of a professional Dancer (no strip ) :ghost: sort of a urban hip hop style

and beside im doin Events and parties :)

well i think i havent found my place in society :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:23 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Monkeymanbob wrote:
...and no fucking trading cards in sight...

You heathen!

Historically I've always worked in finance, admin & IT. Right now I'm full time keeping an eye on this place & filling in application forms. Ideally I'd like to be making money through one (or all) of my hobbies - comics, trading cards, CCGs. I'm dipping my toe in the water by going in with a friend selling Magic cards through his eBay store but nothing serious atm.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:28 pm 
Merchant

1,342 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm a cook/baker in an Italian resturant. I've always wanted to run my own comic shop. When I was 8 I bought a comic book price guide and would read the ads for starting up your own franchise over and over again.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:14 pm 
King

11,665 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
Ideally I'd like to be making money through one (or all) of my hobbies - comics, trading cards, CCGs. I'm dipping my toe in the water by going in with a friend selling Magic cards through his eBay store but nothing serious atm.

I told you before, if you wanna move to Hull then I would gladly go into business with you and set up our own Comic Shop with a special section for trading cards and CCG's.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:30 pm 
Merchant

2,050 total thanks.
Say thanks

Mail order! Thats the answer Funky. We start a website and post issues each month to subscribers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:35 am 
Knight

92 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm an interaction designer.

My job is to get into your mind (as the potential users of our product/interface/etc.) figure out how you think and how you'd expect something to be organized or function and plan out all the details and foundations for the interfaces for the designers and tech people to make it happen.

So if you get to a website that you can't navigate your way through or can't find something, or it just plain unusable or sucks -- someone didn't hire someone like me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next