Vagabond

Like Ninjas & Japanese schoolgirls? Of course you do.
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Knight
Favourite Hero: Batman/Deadpool
Where did you hear about us?: Yahoo Answers

Post by S.H.I.E.L.D. »

Whats interesting is the impact Miyamoto Musashi has had in Japan even today. He wrote the book of five rings and he was born in a village called Musashi which is where he got his name from I assume. I even think there is a statue of him I just forget where I believe its on a island where he had one of his most famous battles. Also Toshiro Mifune one of the best samurai movie actors did a movie called the Samurai trilogy which is based on Miyamoto Musashi's life.

Cazaki
Squire
Favourite Hero: Dick Grayson
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by Cazaki »

It's funny how much drama and how long the fights are in Vagabond, although in real life Miyamoto Musashi's duels ended in seconds.

S.H.I.E.L.D.
Knight
Favourite Hero: Batman/Deadpool

Post by S.H.I.E.L.D. »

Well they gotta be lengthy to sell a good book. A good duel isn't so interesting if its over with just one slash.

Tchetchen911
Squire
Favourite Hero: Spawn
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by Tchetchen911 »

Yes exactly, all mangas would be boring if all the fights was drawn in one or two square.

TheGrayCrow
Squire
Favourite Hero: Raven

Post by TheGrayCrow »

Its really a great manga, I've not been able to stop reading. It sometimes feels alittle slow to me but that is just a matter of being in the wrong mood for reading all the details of history, inner struggle and the techniques when your just in the mood for some bloodshed.

cariz
Squire
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Post by cariz »

I like this one a lot, one of my favorites

bobbydigital
Squire
Favourite Hero: the goon
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Re: Vagabond

Post by bobbydigital »

Big fan of this manga. Its seems to be leading up to the final show down between Mushashi and Sasaki Kojirō, I'm not sure where Takehiko Inoue is going to take it after that; as with fame that Mushashi gained he really stopped being a Vagabond and started working as a soldier and strategist for a Lord.

What I found quite interesting is the obsession that Mushashi apparently had about being a horseback warrior, something that was reserved for the higher classes. Apparently the style of fighting that he developed was centered on fighting from horseback. Despite all of his success and fame he was never able to achieve his aim of becoming a horseback warrior. So his unique fighting style wrought by a dream that gave him a lot of fame and success, was ultimately never achieved.

snyperstyle
Serf
Favourite Hero: Batman

Post by snyperstyle »

I recently started reading this manga and I am honestly obsessed with it. Amazing writing and I love the fact that the artwork is more complex than the average manga (or at least in my experience with manga). I honestly hope this becomes an animated series

voil331
Squire
Favourite Hero: gutz

Post by voil331 »

i read this manga 'til darsh dies against anthrax.. then bored all the way

Mydas007
Squire
Favourite Hero: Batman
Where did you hear about us?: Other

Post by Mydas007 »

Really one of the more intricate mangas I have gotten to read. It really gives you a lot of background content as well as drawn with a lot of detail. Great read so far.