Vagabond

Like Ninjas & Japanese schoolgirls? Of course you do.
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Knight
Favourite Hero: Batman/Deadpool
Where did you hear about us?: Yahoo Answers

Vagabond

Post by S.H.I.E.L.D. »

I been reading this manga series and so far its really good. What do you all also think of this manga series?

jadenkiuma
Squire
Favourite Hero: green lantern

Post by jadenkiuma »

wow, i just started reading it, only on page five or something maybe finding this post is telling me that this series will be my next favorite :D

S.H.I.E.L.D.
Knight

Post by S.H.I.E.L.D. »

You know I really didn't know till I did more research into this and to be honest I wasn't on purpose searching for this. But the main character is based on a real samurai who real name is Takezo Shinmen but he was mostly known as Miyamoto Musashi. Which is the name he is given so he won't be identified. To me thats very interesting I don't think most of anything in comics and manga are based on people that did once exist.

nav25
Serf
Favourite Hero: LOBO

Post by nav25 »

love this series, its brilliant and the fact that its actually "based" on true events makes even more addictive. but the best thing is they actually use movements from real life fighting techniques

S.H.I.E.L.D.
Knight

Post by S.H.I.E.L.D. »

Whats interesting is the thought that at one point in time something similiar to what happens in the manga happened in real life. Its just who know someoen could be so deadly with a wood katana.

Hono911
Knight
Favourite Hero: Spiderman
Where did you hear about us?: Other

Post by Hono911 »

I know this serie it's a very good one the author is a great illustrator he also made some other manga like Real and Slam dunk

carbonatado
Squire
Favourite Hero: Rorschach
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Post by carbonatado »

I've read a lot of nice opinions about this manga and how well developed is, probably is time to give it a try.

precito
Serf
Favourite Hero: Spider-Man
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by precito »

never finished reading, but the first issues are great, and the art is fantastic!

atomicker
Squire
Favourite Hero: Strongbow

Post by atomicker »

I've been reading it for years and it's fantastic. Such a shame that more samurai-themed manga isn't translated and imported for an English readership -- what we see over here is just the tip of the iceberg. The recent VizBig editions are an incredible value if anyone is considering jumping in on this series.

BozoDel
Squire
Favourite Hero: Chapolim

Re: Vagabond

Post by BozoDel »

The artwork is absolutely ass kicking, always.

The story is simply one of the most beautiful things ever, up until around volume 12 or 13. Then the author simply throws away all human values he had developed and starts an empty storyline. When volume 20 was released in Japan, he admitted that he was exhausted and had to take a break from it. My guess is he didn't know what he was doing anymore.

I don't know what happened after that, since they stopped publishing it in Brazil.

kon el
Squire
Favourite Hero: Kon el
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by kon el »

I've only read the firsts because i love Inou's style, but i went short on money (at the time i used to buy all and not read for free), so i begun to forget about that manga, but will catch up ^^

Hiro Fuchur
Knight
Favourite Hero: Astro Boy

Post by Hiro Fuchur »

I actually have this gigantic book in my bookshelf that someone wrote about him. The manga and the book have a LOT in common. I have never finished the book, but it is at least as good as the manga! So it ain't the books fault that I haven't finished it.

The book is by one E. Yoshikawa!

Azard
Squire
Favourite Hero: Batman
Where did you hear about us?: Other

Post by Azard »

Wonderful artwork! I read it before Slam Dunk and wondered at first if it was the same artist...

bkr009
Squire

Re: Vagabond

Post by bkr009 »

It's definitely not a read for people that like the main stream cheesy mangas.

It's a good read and the plot is very intriguing.

kryptic007
Squire
Favourite Hero: Punisher
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by kryptic007 »

I like this manga a lot. It wasn't what i expected at first glance with a samurai warrior, and I never got around to finishing the series, but I think it turned out to be better. Definitely worth giving a try to.