What should i buy next?

Like Ninjas & Japanese schoolgirls? Of course you do.
spottybutterfly
Squire

What should i buy next?

Post by spottybutterfly »

Ive read my first 3 manga books (they were on 3 for 2 in waterstones) the first in the series of the dreaming, poison candy and my dead girlfriend.

I enjoyed the art and animation of My Dead Girlfriend but the story was a little to young for me. I enjoyed the story of Poison Candy and felt like this book was more suited to my. As for the dreaming i will read the next in the series to find out whats going on but it wasnt a brilliant story.

I was just woundering if anyone had any reccomedations of what i should read next?

One problem i have with Manga is that as i do a lot of reading of "normal" books i can get through a Manga book reeeely quickly.
"We are all victims of our own gene pool someone must have pee'd in yours!" - Walter Bishop

Ser Warjacksworth
Knight
Favourite Hero: Rorschach
Where did you hear about us?: Other

Post by Ser Warjacksworth »

American Manga................eeeeeeeeeeeeww.

Read Akira.............can't recommend any Shojo since I don't read it.
Last edited by Ser Warjacksworth on Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Raziel
Knight
Favourite Hero: Nightwing

Post by Raziel »

Naruto

Ser Warjacksworth
Knight

She said she wants to read manga, not have her brains pulled out with a spiked club................

CactusFunk
King
Favourite Hero: Captain America

Post by CactusFunk »

I haven't read any of the ones you've listed Spots so I can't recommend anything similar I'm afraid. But I do think everyone should read Chobits because it is genuinely awesome.
Jesus Christ I'm not scared of dying, I'm a little bit scared of what comes after.

Ser Warjacksworth
Knight

Generally, anything from CLAMP.

porky
Squire

Post by porky »

Death Note was a good read
=(:)p

Ser Warjacksworth
Knight

IGNORE.

porky
Squire

Post by porky »

that's not really ignoring,man
=(:)p

Ser Warjacksworth
Knight

I wasn't ignoring you. I was just warning others to ignore you.

theadirondackcoyote
Marquis
Favourite Hero: Batman and family

Post by theadirondackcoyote »

It's a very old Manga that's hard to find in stores now, but it's not a finished series. It's called Dragon Knights. If you can make it through a couple of volumes of bull shit, it becomes a very interesting story line. You wont regret it if you buy it, you just need to make it through one or two stories for the author to find their style and go with the flow!
ImageImageImage

amducious
Squire

Post by amducious »

i also have not read any of vol you mentioned but i would really recommend Anne Freaks its can get a little crazy from time to time but its pretty good

GmasAngel
Squire

Post by GmasAngel »

Black Cat isn't that long, maybe 20 or so books, and it's quite good. I'd recommend that.

bradleyjevans
Squire

Post by bradleyjevans »

Three best Mangas I have ever read:

Gunslinger Girl (Favorite Anime also, AMAZING STORY!!)
Death Note (If you read like I do you tear through these books! They are so good!! Full of suspense that'll keep you on the edge of your seat.)
Basilisk (Good, grimy, blood ninja manga. Nuff said. The anime is pretty damn good too.)

AtomicMary
Squire

Post by AtomicMary »

Well, I don't read much shojo, but the only one I have found that I truly love is Ouran High School Host Club. It's a bit of a reverse harem, but it manages to have a main girl character that is totally likeable. :]
And Fruits Basket sucks. No matter what anyone may say. Well, to mea, at least. It's irritating and angsty, I.E: Every shojo manga ever. :| PLUS IT HAS LIKE 28 VOLUMES.

For comedy, Azumanga Daioh is pretty good, but it's little four-panel comics, which you can go through even faster. Lucky Star is cute for the sake of being cute, likeable.

But Akira is classic. And no matter what anyone may say, I enjoy Death Note. :] It's really a very interesting story. Also, Full Metal Alchemist is good, but it can be verrrry depressing.

Hope I helped! <3