Eyeshield 21

Like Ninjas & Japanese schoolgirls? Of course you do.
Ser Warjacksworth
Knight
Favourite Hero: Rorschach
Where did you hear about us?: Other

Eyeshield 21

Post by Ser Warjacksworth »

IS RACIST.

Spaced
Duke
Favourite Hero: Captain Britain

Re: Eyeshield 21

Post by Spaced »

Why? Is it because it's about American Football but there's hardly any black players?

Ser Warjacksworth
Knight
Favourite Hero: Rorschach

Post by Ser Warjacksworth »

No, it's because the only black guy uses the "spirit of the panther" a la Shaman King.

batmanunseen
Squire
Favourite Hero: Batman
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by batmanunseen »

I think there are bigger forms of actual racism. And there is some truth to stereotypes or else how would they arise? Japanese people are ignorant too because they live in a country where it is common to not see anyone besides Japanese people in a day. If you're personally offended by the author's decision, please don't, and Joco is not black. :yum:

Dyno481
Squire
Favourite Hero: Thor
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by Dyno481 »

I don't believe it's racist japan is just a way different place compared to the u.s

ugochukwu
Squire
Favourite Hero: Black Panther/Cloak
Where did you hear about us?: Yahoo Answers

Post by ugochukwu »

Lol i used to say the same thing.i wouldn't necessarily say racist, more like the japanese authors don't know any better as Japan isn't as diverse as say the u.s or u.k. So they generally rely on what they see on tv or movies which are usually stereotypes.

anthonygavins
Squire
Favourite Hero: spiderman
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by anthonygavins »

I don't think its racists at all. Its quite balance in terms of character traits. Each have their own unique personality and specialty. Besides, panther is a formidable opponent for Eyeshield 21

mei.fink94
Serf
Favourite Hero: Batman
Where did you hear about us?: Yahoo Answers

Post by mei.fink94 »

Soooo....I'm super in love with the anime and manga and American Football isn't just associated with black players, there are players from all different backgrounds just like every other sport.

BTW....Himura is my favorite devil of all time!

CichaPanda
Squire
Favourite Hero: Punisher
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by CichaPanda »

Great Manga and Anime. I train american football because this. If you like this artist, you must read one punch man

Arugoh
Serf
Favourite Hero: Spider-man
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Re:

Post by Arugoh »

CichaPanda wrote:Great Manga and Anime. I train american football because this. If you like this artist, you must read one punch man
I've been loving One Punch Man; great light hearted parody satire of a super hero setting, but then quickly proves itself to hold up just as well when taken seriously. It even has some really impactful storylines, and an over arching story beyond each tight story arch. The anime recently started airing in Japan to boot!
It's a shame the author for Eyeshield 21 hasn't continued producing more work as well, he was just as talented in his own right.