D.Gray-Man

Like Ninjas & Japanese schoolgirls? Of course you do.
Crown_Clown
Squire
Favourite Hero: The Incredible Hulk

D.Gray-Man

Post by Crown_Clown »

Has anyone watched the anime or read the manga od D.Gray-Man? Im just wondering cz i'm an anime watcher of this particular series, and was just wondering what anyone else though of it?

rezzie
Squire
Favourite Hero: Wolverine
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Re: D.Gray-Man

Post by rezzie »

I liked this series, but i read the chapter in shonen jump and an ova, but read it to find out, right?

xfayjai
Squire
Favourite Hero: Wolverine
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by xfayjai »

The series was very good, i did not read the manga however. But, i might start reading it because the anime's have stopped coming out due to some difficulties with the creator's health(could be a rumor).

Lacri
Squire
Favourite Hero: Rogue
Where did you hear about us?: Yahoo Answers

Post by Lacri »

I have read the series and watched the anime.

In comparison, I'd say the manga is better, but I believe that the original is always the best.

Also, the anime is already finished, but the manga is about to be restarted from its hiatus.

Zel
Serf
Favourite Hero: Batman
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Re:

Post by Zel »

xfayjai wrote:But, i might start reading it because the anime's have stopped coming out due to some difficulties with the creator's health(could be a rumor).
Not really a rumor (it's already confirmed), the problem is that the manga itself is on hiatus because of that.

KBM
Squire
Favourite Hero: Deadpool

Post by KBM »

the manga's finally off hiatus as of last month, and the new chapters are on a monthly serialization. finally exploring kanda's past~

definitely wanna check it out if you enjoyed the anime, lots of new content after where they ended the anime.

Parsley
Squire
Where did you hear about us?: Other

Post by Parsley »

I use to enjoy it, but the manga has become so confusing and undecipherable that I'm pretty sure I only look at it for the pretty pictures.

subarudp
Squire
Favourite Hero: Frank Castle

Post by subarudp »

After the hiatus, quality of the manga lowered drastically. It almost seems as if the author was being forced to finish it in a hurry.

gamacmua
Squire
Favourite Hero: Eternity
Where did you hear about us?: Katz

Post by gamacmua »

It WAS a good manga; however, after the hiatus, the manga go downhill, the drawing too bad, the plot too confusing. I feeling like the author just want to be done with it so she can star the new manga.

marvyeo
Squire
Favourite Hero: batman

Post by marvyeo »

Echoing what many of the above have said,

the manga seemed to have taken a complete 180 in terms of story.

Before the hiatus, everything was pretty neat. After the hiatus, everything's a mess.

I get that it's a large battle between the Order and the Noahs but that's just plain chaotic drawing. One Piece had a pretty big battle scene with the Whitebeard Pirates V The Navy, and they did it well.

Don't understand why this has gone downhill so badly.

cariz
Squire
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Post by cariz »

It was very good but unfortunately mangaka has many problem in real life and effected on manga

KerzBearz
Squire
Favourite Hero: Gambit

Post by KerzBearz »

i love d gray man. i got alittle funny in its story arcs. buttttttt its getting better now so it is!

nightslayer20
Squire
Favourite Hero: Batman

Post by nightslayer20 »

I love D-Gray Man, but it really upsets me that it is taking so long for each chapter to come out, I am sure that the writers have their reasons , but I just want to know what is happening faster then once a month!! sometimes even 2 or 3 months :(

capgreyfox
Squire

Post by capgreyfox »

I've only watched the anime, and hass since then become one of my all-time favorites. Loved the story, the characters, the art, music, all of it.

I'm not reading the manga because waiting at least a month for each chapter (for 20-50 pages) would drive me crazy :P
When there's more material, or the series begin to e released more often (7-15 days), and I will definetly read it!

TMNTFast3f
Squire
Favourite Hero: superman

Post by TMNTFast3f »

i'm not realy that much into focusing on the artwork and its quality so i can't realy comment on the change after the hiatus but in regrades to the story i find it realy amazing how the story has unfolded thus far although some may argue that it has become a bit like Naruto with Allen having some dark power in him that wishes to be free but it really makes the whole world of d.grey-man much more intersting interesting.
Also in regards to it becoming confusing i felt the same after starting to read it on a monthly basis but i found that revisiting the previous chapters cleared any confusion.