ONE PIECE!

Like Ninjas & Japanese schoolgirls? Of course you do.
cariz
Squire
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Post by cariz »

Awesome, my favorite manga and one of the best in history

jeffsmm
Serf
Favourite Hero: Batman
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by jeffsmm »

One Piece is epic, the best shounen out there.

kamiccoloson
Squire
Favourite Hero: Venom
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Post by kamiccoloson »

Only really watched the anime, but just started catching up on the manga and I'm loving it.

meizzner
Squire
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by meizzner »

it is my favorite manga

jeun-chan
Squire
Favourite Hero: Robin
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Re:

Post by jeun-chan »

RazorGolem wrote:
Eiichiro Oda has done a fantastic job of keeping the characters evolving, and still very true to their roots/origins.

One of my biggest problems with most American-based comics is that they change writers so much that, so many characters feel very alien and unfamiliar from time to time. And sometimes they do a big shake-up, then turn around and reset it back.

When I was firs tintroduced to One Piece, the art style really put me off. Some of the characters looked very odd, and outlandish. But as I got into it, all the exaggerations and oddities really helped overall 'feel' of the story. These elements really helped selling the funny situations, and the serious/sad ones.
I get you. This is why I love OP so much. Oda is just so consistent and planning ahead. I at least feel like the Strawhats are going somewhere and getting to their goal without destroying their personalities.
()()
(. .)
(()()

Nimajeb
Squire
Favourite Hero: Hulk/Wolverine

Re: Re:

Post by Nimajeb »

jeun-chan wrote:
RazorGolem wrote:
Eiichiro Oda has done a fantastic job of keeping the characters evolving, and still very true to their roots/origins.

One of my biggest problems with most American-based comics is that they change writers so much that, so many characters feel very alien and unfamiliar from time to time. And sometimes they do a big shake-up, then turn around and reset it back.

When I was firs tintroduced to One Piece, the art style really put me off. Some of the characters looked very odd, and outlandish. But as I got into it, all the exaggerations and oddities really helped overall 'feel' of the story. These elements really helped selling the funny situations, and the serious/sad ones.
I get you. This is why I love OP so much. Oda is just so consistent and planning ahead. I at least feel like the Strawhats are going somewhere and getting to their goal without destroying their personalities.
I kinda agree, though the persistency of original jokes which somewhat define the characters can get abit anooying(Like soul kings constant lame jokes). But yeah, i'm posting in here since i really love the manga, i think i read it in a week or so, simply couldn't stop(:

TMNTFast3f
Squire
Favourite Hero: superman
Where did you hear about us?: Yahoo Answers

Post by TMNTFast3f »

Nimajeb wrote:
jeun-chan wrote:
RazorGolem wrote:

I kinda agree, though the persistency of original jokes which somewhat define the characters can get abit anooying(Like soul kings constant lame jokes). But yeah, i'm posting in here since i really love the manga, i think i read it in a week or so, simply couldn't stop(:
one piece is one of my all time favorite manga/anime out there. i mean the way that oda transforms the series from comedy to action to drama is just amazing not to mention that it leaves you yearning for the next issue.i is just amazing :D

phrowdoe
Squire

Post by phrowdoe »

I wish naruto and bleach were nearly as good as one piece. I used to enjoy naruto and bleach a lot, but they are just forcing it now. They should have ended years ago in my opinion, bleach in particular. mainly because there plot was just not made for a long run. Where as one piece is still going strong, with many years left in it due to the plot being designed to last a very long time. Its great i love it.

hdubb
Squire
Favourite Hero: ironman
Where did you hear about us?: Yahoo Answers

Re: ONE PIECE!

Post by hdubb »

i love luffy's alliance. they have enough manpower to take down an emperor.

Mydas007
Squire
Where did you hear about us?: Other

Post by Mydas007 »

I love the One Piece manga and have been reading it weekly for close to 10 years now. I never gotten a chance to watch the anime though, how does it compare against the manga?