kanyon found dead at age 40

Because we love it.
wrestlingking
Knight
Favourite Hero: x-men
Where did you hear about us?: Katz

kanyon found dead at age 40

Post by wrestlingking »

Chris Klucsaritis, who competed as Chris Kanyon, was found dead Friday night at his apartment in the Sunnyside section of Queens, New York. He was 40 years old.

Klucsaritis’ death is believed to be suicide as a longtime friend reports that a pill bottle and several notes were found close to his body.

He had been vocal about suffering from a bipolar disorder and had threatened suicide many times in the past according to those close with him. He told one friend as recently as Monday that he was going through another bout of depression and contemplating suicide.

Kanyon also worked as a masked character named Mortis in World Championship Wrestling and had a run with World Wrestling Entertainment beginning in 2001 which resulted in reigns with the WCW United States Championship and WWF Tag Team Championship. He garnered headlines following his 2004 departure from WWE by going public with his homosexuality and claiming WWE fired him for being gay. Although he retired from wresting at one point, he returned to the ring and worked matches on occasion.

He, along with Scott Levy and Michael Sanders, attempted to sue WWE for “cheating them out of health care and other benefits” but a federal judge in Stamford, Connecticut dismissed the case.
ImageImage

impulse
Count
Favourite Hero: Green Lantern
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by impulse »

damn, another wrestler bites the dust at too young of an age..

JohnnyGoodboy
Knight
Favourite Hero: batman

Post by JohnnyGoodboy »

Last thing i remember about him is him singing "do you really want to hurt me" to the Undertaker.

S.H.I.E.L.D.
Knight
Favourite Hero: Batman/Deadpool
Where did you hear about us?: Yahoo Answers

Post by S.H.I.E.L.D. »

The one thing I will remember most of him is everytime he would come to the ring he would go Whose better then Kanyon and depending on how his character was depended on the reaction from the fans.

babyboy
Squire
Favourite Hero: Human Torch

Post by babyboy »

wow...another pro wrestling suicide, there's something going on there...sad