Trying to get into IDW Transformers

Dark Horse, Image, Virgin, etc. Talk about all of them here.
Mk_0
Squire
Favourite Hero: Batman
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Trying to get into IDW Transformers

Post by Mk_0 »

I've been craving a good Transformers story for a while and I hear good things about the IDW series'. Before getting into it I'd just like some general information about the books i.e. if there's a good jumping on point, or if I need to read multiple books to understand everything, which books should I read and which should I not waste my time with if any, if I need to know anything prior to reading the books etc. (I know that this takes place after Optimus dies and Rodimus takes over but outside of that I don't know much). Thank you for your assistance.

rushjunkie2010
Knight
Favourite Hero: Wolverine
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by rushjunkie2010 »

I started with the IDW Hardcover collections, but they may bea bit expensive for jumping on.

The Rodimus taking over that you refer to is when they moved to two ongoing books, "More than meets the Eye" and "Robots in Disguise". These are both on issue 22 or thereabouts at the moment, so a good place to start may be at the beginning of these series. They had a brief recap on the first few pages if I recall correctly.

Mk_0
Squire
Favourite Hero: Batman

Post by Mk_0 »

Thanks for the help, I'll definitely check out those two books.

rushjunkie2010
Knight
Favourite Hero: Wolverine
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Re:

Post by rushjunkie2010 »

Mk_0 wrote:Thanks for the help, I'll definitely check out those two books.

No problem! Last Stand of the wreckers and Drift are both mini series that are well worth a look if you get a chance. I don't think it will spoil on going continuity for you either.

BKole
Knight
Favourite Hero: Doctor Strange
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Post by BKole »

So, since IDW sadly lost the licence to Transformers (This keeps happening! First Darkhorse looses Buffy, to Boom so they can reboot it...then IDW lose Transformers, and Archie Loses Sonic!)

Does anyone have a complete/almost complete reading list of Transformers comics so that I can make my way through them and read this complete Transformers Universe?

acelister
Duke
Favourite Hero: Deadpool
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Post by acelister »

IDW didn't lose the license, Hasbro made them reboot it.

The whole thing should be available on here, though

godzilla
Knight

Re: Trying to get into IDW Transformers

Post by godzilla »

I love what IDW is doing now. This story on how the great war started. Cause as fans of Transformers that is one story we never got, we knew Autobots and Decptacons were at war. Now thanks to IDW we get a story why.