X-Factor (2005)

Discuss all things Image
Spaced
Duke
Favourite Hero: Captain Britain
Where did you hear about us?: Other

X-Factor (2005)

Post by Spaced »

The last few issues of X-Factor are absolutely superb. They are putting every other X-Book to shame.

Won't go into details (as PAD has asked folk not to and who am I to argue) but the last two issues, #39 & #40, have have endings that have you screaming for the next issue right now!

CactusFunk
King
Favourite Hero: Captain America

Re: X-Factor - Keeps Getting Better & Better

Post by CactusFunk »

I want to read an X book again so would this be the one to get? If so, which issue should I start from? (ie, beginning of the most recent arc)
Jesus Christ I'm not scared of dying, I'm a little bit scared of what comes after.

Spaced
Duke

Post by Spaced »

I know it's 40 issues in but I'd really recommend the whole series (and the Madrox mini-series that sets up the whole Mutant PI theme). The charcterisation & humour of the series has been great from the start.

If you just wanted to go for a more recent jumping on point I'd suggest picking it up from #35, just after the SI/She Hulk crossover issues. You might be a bit lost on some of the ongoing plots but that's as good a place as any to start (but seriously consider the whole thing).

panamagoo
Duke
Favourite Hero: Spider-Man

Post by panamagoo »

I think I'm going to start this from the beginning, 40 isn't a lot by my standards; I love having a lot to read because I hate waiting for the next current issue of an ongoing. Plus, I've been wanting to get my mutant fix for a while now.. lol.

Patches
Merchant
Favourite Hero: Iron Man
Where did you hear about us?: Katz

Post by Patches »

Im just having trouble picking up on it because of complete laziness. I know ill like it especially since X-23 is on there.

Spaced
Duke

Post by Spaced »

BulletRapture wrote:I know ill like it especially since X-23 is on there.
No, that's the craptacular X-Force.

Patches
Merchant

Post by Patches »

U dont like X-23? How can you not? Shes so lost and misunderstood u have to feel bad for her

Spaced
Duke

Post by Spaced »

X-23 is fine, loved both mini-series. But the current X-Force is a pretty bad book - seemingly thrown together storylines & (IMHO) poor art.

I set this thread off to give props to X-Factor.

Patches
Merchant

Post by Patches »

Well I cant really make a comment until I read it so I'll get started on it tonight and let you guys know.

LovelyBirdcherry
Squire
Favourite Hero: Spider-man
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by LovelyBirdcherry »

This really should have had more replies. Issue 245 was awesome.

Spoiler: show
Havoc leaving made me happy because he was annoying me with his leader position. I liked that Polaris stayed, she actually interests me, even though this is the first comic I could read her in. I'm glad Monet is getting the correct colouring. Last baloon scene was epic. No reaction on the wedding.
Seeing Shatterstar and Rictor in the comic always make my moment :D <3
A discussion should be about the exchange of new information and not about convincing others of your opinion.

mrpinktoo
Knight
Favourite Hero: Nightcrawler

Post by mrpinktoo »

Love X-Factor, everything about it is excellent and I just love the blurb at the start of each issue, always makes me chuckle.

And at least
They took the time to explain why Havok has changed his costume for Uncanny Avengers. Love the humour

impulse
Count
Favourite Hero: Green Lantern
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by impulse »

It's been a pretty good ride, but I'm not crazy about the direction Therese, Rahne and Guido have taken..

And initially I was hyped about Havok returning to X-Factor, but his role as leader was kinda bland. Good riddance.

mrpinktoo
Knight
Favourite Hero: Nightcrawler

Post by mrpinktoo »

I like Havok, but his time with X-Factor is done and in the past. It is Madrox's team now with all the dysfunctional fun it has to offer. I'm sure that the events leading to many of the core team leaving will set up some really good stories a little ways down the line.

batman55555
Knight
Favourite Hero: Hal Jordan

Re:

Post by batman55555 »

mrpinktoo wrote:I like Havok, but his time with X-Factor is done and in the past. It is Madrox's team now with all the dysfunctional fun it has to offer. I'm sure that the events leading to many of the core team leaving will set up some really good stories a little ways down the line.
I totally agree. X-Factor is my favorite ongoing comic, and I'm not happy to see Siryn.Guide.Rahne go, but I'm sure it will lead to something. Havok's a good character, but he just doesn't work with current X-Factor, I'm glad he's gone. I do like that Polaris has stayed. I think Peter david is an amazing writer, and I think X-Factor is going to continue to be awesome. Also, in issue #245, there was a really awesome line by Havok

Havok: "Pip was right, I do look like Tron"
:lol:

S.H.I.E.L.D.
Knight
Favourite Hero: Batman/Deadpool
Where did you hear about us?: Yahoo Answers

Post by S.H.I.E.L.D. »

I sometimes have difficulty getting into an X-Men series when I am not familiar with the mutants within it. I have only heard of a few of them and they are now former members of X-Factor. But are the ones still in it interesting mutants? What would make me feel interested and possibly became a fan of them?