Moon Knight in MCU

Discuss all things Image
andrewkmbl
Squire
Favourite Hero: Hawkeye/Ronin
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Moon Knight in MCU

Post by andrewkmbl »

Now that we know that Moon Knight will be introduced into the MCU through his own Disney+ series (along with WandaVision, LOKI, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier) before joining the next MCU film phase...

His character is pretty deep and could go anywhere, just like his mind. He has had many iterations and personas. He may be the chosen-one of the Egyptian moon god Khonsu. He may be a violent vigilante with split-personality disorder among other issues. In the same way that various writers have taken him in different directions within the comics, the MCU writers could have a lot of fun and potentially make him one of the most interesting, thrilling characters in the MCU. He's always been one of my underdog favorite Marvel heroes so I'm very excited to see what they might do with him.

Would love to hear ppls thoughts on where they could take him within the MCU as well as any comic volumes/story arc recommendations to read or reread.. Also trying to think of some comics to help introduce to people who have never heard of him. Thanks.

ColeBlack77
Squire
Favourite Hero: Daredevil
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Re: Moon Knight in MCU

Post by ColeBlack77 »

I really loved the Ellis run (the one that started in 2013). You can easilly start with the From The Dead TPB and going on with the author.

Lee Kirby Oswald
Duke
Favourite Hero: The Question

Post by Lee Kirby Oswald »

I liked the best issues from the Doug Moench and Bill Sienkiewicz era, especially the Hulk magazine backups and MK vol 1 #7, 8, 14, 15, 22-26 & 28-30. #22-26 with the returns of Morpheus and stained Glass Scarlet, the introduction of Black Spectre and Sienkiewicz's masterpiece Hit It were probably my favourites. The series written by Charlie Huston and then Mike Benson was pretty decent, which was surprising, as I thought just about everything else i've read by them sucked.

andrewkmbl
Squire
Favourite Hero: Hawkeye/Ronin
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by andrewkmbl »

Thanks for the recs!