X-Men Post-HoX/PoX

Discuss all things Image
acelister
Duke
Favourite Hero: Deadpool
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

X-Men Post-HoX/PoX

Post by acelister »

I'm reading, but I'm definitely not enjoying the new X-Men status quo. Having every issue leading into an issue from another ongoing series is going to make reading trades a nightmare.

Something important happens in X-Force #1, but if you go from X-Men #1 to X-Men #2 it gets spoiled in the opening page. Want to go straight to Excalibur? Spoiled there, too, except this time you don't get a heads-up as to which issue the important thing occurred in.

Add in the overuse of text pieces explaining things (and taking up less than half a page overall to do so), many characters being unused or ignored completely, several characters being written differently...

I finally reached X-Men #2, and it was awful. The characters were all acting weirdly, the emphasis was ALL OVER the place in the dialogue, and the brand new status quo set up in House of X/Powers of X was changed.

On to Marauders #2, I guess, the reading order says that is next...

stile86
Merchant
Favourite Hero: Superman

Post by stile86 »

Good point. Since I was following the reading order (mostly) I hadn't noticed.
I haven't formed an opinion on the stories/plot/writing yet.

snowman2k
Knight
Favourite Hero: Batman
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by snowman2k »

Only reading X-Men can't be bother with the rest but think I will soon give up its lovely to look at but the writing is unstable with the characters I've known for too many decades

DaveGrillons
Squire
Favourite Hero: Starman

Post by DaveGrillons »

I think it's an exciting project, some Hickman's ideas are very cool imho

mrpinktoo
Knight
Favourite Hero: Nightcrawler

Re: X-Men Post-HoX/PoX

Post by mrpinktoo »

Have to confess, that I am loving this current mutant run. To be fair I am reading everything and probably in order of release though.
X-men 4 was one of my fave stories in ages, art, story, dialogue...all amazing

Its a bit of shame and unlikely to happen, but they could possibly release combined TPBs under the HoX/PoX banner. Saying that, it is the problem when you have such a shared universe going across comic books. When things are loosely done, you don't think about it, but these books are all very related to each other. From what I've read though, the main focuses don't tie together as much as at first launch.
Attachments
clean.jpg

ColeBlack77
Squire
Favourite Hero: Daredevil

Post by ColeBlack77 »

mrpinktoo wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:52 pm

Its a bit of shame and unlikely to happen, but they could possibly release combined TPBs under the HoX/PoX banner. Saying that, it is the problem when you have such a shared universe going across comic books. When things are loosely done, you don't think about it, but these books are all very related to each other. From what I've read though, the main focuses don't tie together as much as at first launch.
Agree. It was quite boring to jump from one book to another, always checking on the "suggested reading order" to get everything right. But the story was quite good, I have to admit.

witac13
Squire
Favourite Hero: Spiderman
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by witac13 »

Fingers crossed that a trade comes out that collects everything together to make the reading easier.

yaletownboy1
Knight
Favourite Hero: Storm
Where did you hear about us?: Other

Post by yaletownboy1 »

Definitely with you on this. I've been reading since the original series from the 1960s having being introduced to the Xmen in the 1980s by my friend and got hooked.

I got totally lost after Battle of the Atom when the last issue was the scene focused on Beast saying 'this wasn't looking good'. From there things were a mess.

Now they're rebooting this crap and tried reading series like Fallen Angels (not realizing Psylocke was Kwannon and not Betsy Braddock) and Excalibur (which went off on a tangent).

I guess it's great for newcomers that want to follow Xmen but the movies totally destroyed the comic book timeline and everything after it.

They need to go back to K.I.S.S. because it's becoming like a soap opera.

The more offshoot titles, the more I get disenchanted because it's all about the money.

bullseye187
Squire
Favourite Hero: wolverine

Post by bullseye187 »

I wasn't thrilled with Hickmens Avengers run but I loved him on POX and HOX. No plans to read all those X books other than the main series of X-Men.

only1
Knight
Favourite Hero: Spidey!

Post by only1 »

Definitely couldn't get into HoX/PoX... how are they now that some time has passed and they're firmly in this new age...?