when disney bought marvel i said oh no they will dumb down f

Discuss all things Image
andrewkmbl
Squire
Favourite Hero: Hawkeye/Ronin
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Re: when disney bought marvel i said oh no they will dumb down f

Post by andrewkmbl »

None of the concerns in the op have anything to do with Disney. I agree with the response above that the op is bigoted and needs to grow up. This attack on Disney doesn't start or end here, it is the same with Star Wars and other created universes. The fact is that Marvel, Star Wars and many other created worlds have always been about striving for equality, justice and truth. It is not the characters or worlds that have changed, it is people like the op who have changed. Maybe their bigotry has always been there or maybe they have been indoctrinated and brainwashed over time to now oppose the very things they used to believe in.

ColeBlack77
Squire
Favourite Hero: Daredevil
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by ColeBlack77 »

andrewkmbl wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:30 am
None of the concerns in the op have anything to do with Disney. I agree with the response above that the op is bigoted and needs to grow up. This attack on Disney doesn't start or end here, it is the same with Star Wars and other created universes. The fact is that Marvel, Star Wars and many other created worlds have always been about striving for equality, justice and truth. It is not the characters or worlds that have changed, it is people like the op who have changed. Maybe their bigotry has always been there or maybe they have been indoctrinated and brainwashed over time to now oppose the very things they used to believe in.
I agree. Many great Marvel Stories (Spiderman, X-men) talked about justice, equality and the importance to fight for those rights.

witac13
Squire
Favourite Hero: Spiderman
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by witac13 »

I agree with there being a lot of injustice discussion in marvel comics. Even if the comparison was unintentional think about the idea that Professor X is MLK VS Magneto as Malcolm X.