All New X-Men (2012)

Discuss all things Image
batmanandrobin
Knight
Favourite Hero: Batman
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by batmanandrobin »

It's a good time to be an X fan between this book Wolverine & The X-Men, Remenders recent run on X -Force, and the two books on the way from Bendis & Wood.

muzikmann
Knight

Re:

Post by muzikmann »

batmanandrobin wrote:It's a good time to be an X fan between this book Wolverine & The X-Men, Remenders recent run on X -Force, and the two books on the way from Bendis & Wood.
Agreed.
"Either you run the day, or the day runs you."
-Jim Rohn

nathan_rum
Squire
Favourite Hero: Superman
Where did you hear about us?: Other

Post by nathan_rum »

I'm really enjoying the New Xmen. One of the few comics out right now that I look forward to reading.

acelister
Duke
Favourite Hero: Deadpool
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Post by acelister »

When did shops stop selling maps, Bendis?

Lex Talionis
Duke

Re: All New X-Men (2012)

Post by Lex Talionis »

wait...what ?

acelister
Duke
Favourite Hero: Deadpool
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Post by acelister »

Past Cyclops goes into a shop, he asks for a map and the clerk instead asks why his phone doesn't have one. Either they don't sell maps (still available in the UK) or she was just a bitch.

calamelo
Squire
Favourite Hero: Wolverine
Where did you hear about us?: Yahoo Answers

Post by calamelo »

I hate the present Cyclops and I have hope that the past Cyclops will be a little bit wise but now I hate him as I hate the present Cyclops, they are douchbags.

batmanandrobin
Knight

Post by batmanandrobin »

The bit between Kitty and Bobby in issue #8 was classic

mcgroupy
Duke
Favourite Hero: Spider-Man

Post by mcgroupy »

This has to be my favorite series, outside of Daredevil, at the moment. I'm excited about what's going to happen with Angel joining forces with Cyclops & co. I think that over time things will come to a head and the young Jean Grey will go down the same path as her older self. It's her destiny.

Corwin72
Squire
Favourite Hero: Invincible
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by Corwin72 »

Current Cyclops just has a very different outlook on life after being in charge of mutants for a while. Leadership is a tough burden.

Randy412
Squire
Favourite Hero: Wolverine

Re: All New X-Men (2012)

Post by Randy412 »

I haven't read it yet. Is it really good?

batmanandrobin
Knight

Post by batmanandrobin »

I love Kitties retort to Alex Summers "Mutant" speech in #13, and was that opening page breathtaking or what? Immonen has always been one of my favorites and I think this might be some of his best work to date.

batman55555
Knight
Favourite Hero: Hal Jordan

Post by batman55555 »

Kitty's response was good, but I liked Alex's speech, and stuff thats been discussed in books like Uncanny avengers. Mutants are really not much of a group, they all have X genes, but almost all of them are completely different. They're just metahumans who were born with their powers, they really shouldn't be considered any different than people like the Fantastic Four or Wasp. There is a difference, but its not that big. People that hate mutants should hate any metahuman for the same reasons. Even if its just a birth thing, most metahumans seem to give some kind of power to their offspring, meaning they should seem just as bad to the mutant haters, who seem to hate them because of the way they're born. Its not right, obviously, but it would make more sense. Stuff like that would be interesting, but it would require Marvel to stop treating Mutants as their default group that gets hated by the idiots. Uncanny avengers had some interesting stuff with Havok's speech (and Rogue being a complete idiot, and somewhat hostile in her views of non mutants for some reason) and I think Havok had the right idea.

Spaced
Duke
Favourite Hero: Captain Britain

Post by Spaced »

Bendis trying to do too many things at once or just the usual Marvel scheduling snafu?
Diamond Product Changes wrote:• All New X-Men will ship out of order due to the need to keep the Black Vortex storyline in proper sequence. The shipping order is as follows:

All New X-Men #36 - NOW SHIPS 11/02/15

All New X-Men #38 - NOW SHIPS 25/02/15

All New X-Men #39 - NOW SHIPS 11/03/15

All New X-Men #37 - NOW SHIPS 11/03/15

crimson king
Knight
Favourite Hero: Thor

Post by crimson king »

While I am enjoying this book, am I the only one who thinks Bendis makes pretty much all the characters sound the same?
All are funny-smartassy and witty.. I mean, Illyana is making jokes? about how she's a dark badass with demons in her?
Some are more confident, some smarter..but they are all witty!

To me it doesn't fit for many characters, and I think he did the same thing in Avengers after writing it for a while..
Still a fun book, but hurts it a bit IMO..