Deadpool General Discussion

Discuss all things Image
Hancock
Knight
Favourite Hero: Batman

Post by Hancock »

No way man, I am not reading that spoiler. Whatever's in there, when/ what issue/ volume do I find out?

batman55555
Knight
Favourite Hero: Hal Jordan

Post by batman55555 »

The T-Ray/memories story concludes somewhere in Deadpool's first ongoing (the one you're reading). I don't quite remember what issue it was, though.

Hancock
Knight

Post by Hancock »

Alright, so I'll continue reading Volume 2. Then I'll get to Deadpool: Origins.

Anyone know anything about the Deadpool/ Mr. Myxlplyx/ Deathstroke crossover?

batman55555
Knight
Favourite Hero: Hal Jordan

Re:

Post by batman55555 »

Hancock wrote:Alright, so I'll continue reading Volume 2. Then I'll get to Deadpool: Origins.

Anyone know anything about the Deadpool/ Mr. Myxlplyx/ Deathstroke crossover?
This is what I found on wikipedia:
The Marvel Comics character Deadpool is similar to Deathstroke. Deadpool commonly uses the name "Wade Wilson," similar to "Slade Wilson." In Superman/Batman Annual #1, written by former Deadpool author Joe Kelly, Deathstroke from the antimatter universe appears and has similar characteristics to Deadpool (such as Deadpool's "merc with a mouth" wisecracks, and a black spot on his mask over his eye somewhat resembling Deadpool's). While this character did not seem to be as skilled at fighting as Deathstroke, his healing factor seemed far more effective, with Slade becoming annoyed at how hard he was to kill. This character tries to introduce his name multiple times but is always interrupted. The most he was able to get out was "Dea-". It could be implied that Deadpool is the Marvel counterpart of Deathstroke, who was created eleven years earlier. Marvel seemingly acknowledged this in the Cable/Deadpool series, where Deadpool sometimes answers a letters column. Deadpool claimed that he did not want to be in a Marvel/DC crossover, because people might mistake him for a certain DC character.

Hancock
Knight

Post by Hancock »

Does Volume 2 also resolve Mercedes' comeback from the dead?

magikfISH
Knight
Favourite Hero: Deadpool
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Re:

Post by magikfISH »

Hancock wrote:Does Volume 2 also resolve Mercedes' comeback from the dead?
Yes it resolves her apparent comeback. to find out the rest of deapool's story involving t-ray you have to read the very last issues of the deadpool and cable series. but i would just read the whole thing cause that series is fucking awesome/funny/fun....(continue with random positive verbs)

Hancock
Knight

Re: Re:

Post by Hancock »

magikfISH wrote:
Hancock wrote:Does Volume 2 also resolve Mercedes' comeback from the dead?
Yes it resolves her apparent comeback. to find out the rest of deapool's story involving t-ray you have to read the very last issues of the deadpool and cable series. but i would just read the whole thing cause that series is fucking awesome/funny/fun....(continue with random positive verbs)
LOL. Amen to that. :D

acelister
Duke

Post by acelister »

That Superman/Batman Annual is hilarious. Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent are on an ocean liner when Deathstroke attacks. And so does "Dea-". Hilarity ensues as this Deadpool-like character is beaten up, blown up and injured in many, many ways.

Issue #38 of Cable & Deadpool features the FINAL word on the name Wade Wilson. I say final as C&DP was written by Fabien Niceza (or however you spell it), who was his co-creator.

Imperius Rex
Knight
Favourite Hero: Spidey!

Post by Imperius Rex »

Oh yeah, that SM/BM issue was really screwed-up. But what made me laugh was when Bruce said: The chin!

What? The chin? The chin gave Kent's secret identity away? Really, the CHIN? C'mon! :shock:

Hancock
Knight

Post by Hancock »

Lmao, I have to read this. Gonna go find that issue. :D

Hancock
Knight

Deadpool General Discussion

Post by Hancock »

Alright, this may be a really stupid question, but I need to know. The two other voices in Deadpool's head, are they separate? Or is the yellow colored thought bubble Deadpool talking or is that a voice in is head. I know the white colored though bubble is a voice in his head.

Lex Talionis
Duke
Where did you hear about us?: Other

Re: Deadpool voices.

Post by Lex Talionis »

I like to think that the yellow is Deadpool's thoughts while the white one is Wade Wilson before he went loco.

magikfISH
Knight

Post by magikfISH »

i don't remeber when but at somepoint they made it so that he did have 2 separate voices in his head, and all he could do was think out loud or something. It was funny cause every time he argued with his voices or put up a random "thought" everyone around him would wonder who he was talking to.

SAMURAi
Squire
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by SAMURAi »

Daniel Way started that.. and don't get me wrong, it's always fun.. but enough. Way always makes Deadpool so stupid that sometimes I want to commit suicide.. Just don't make him ridiculous will you? Deadpool's not that guy.
Tho I see it in a way with the so-many-many-aahhh-MANY-voices as Lex said.. I feel sorry for Wade, cuz he could do better.
That being said, I love the ongoing series ( you can put the word "many" here too ) but I still miss Joe Kelly as hell.. or Fabian N. for that matter.

acelister
Duke

Post by acelister »

The two voices are separate to his own thoughts. I was annoyed when the second voice appeared out of nowhere. But in Deadpool & Cable #50 (Cable #50), Duane Swierczynski showed where the second voice started. Because through the entire issue, Deadpool only had one internal voice. Right at the end, he had two.

So, thought Way gave DP two voices initially, he got them when helping Cable escape mutant haters.