Deadpool General Discussion

Discuss all things Image
Gravemynd
Knight
Favourite Hero: DeadPool

Post by Gravemynd »

For everybody who has read the DP series (or most of it) what do you think about it?

AKA:

Deadpool,
Cable & Deadpool,
Maybe Agent X.
Gravemynd wrote: :bat: dropped in and one two punched :twoface: in both his faces, thereby making a two four punch.

Outlaw2x4
Squire

Re: Deadpool

Post by Outlaw2x4 »

I have a lot of the early DP stuff but have yet to read Cable and Deadpool. I loved it though. The first comic I ever really got into. Is Cable and Deadpool any good?
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday. - M. Bison

Patches
Merchant
Favourite Hero: Iron Man
Where did you hear about us?: Katz

Post by Patches »

Its not a very serious comic but it is funny. The character of Deadpool is one you can never take seriously although that doesn't mean hes not doing big things. I highly recommend the series to anyone who is new to comics.

Ser Warjacksworth
Knight
Favourite Hero: Rorschach
Where did you hear about us?: Other

Post by Ser Warjacksworth »

Random piece of information: He was in the GLI.

Gravemynd
Knight

Post by Gravemynd »

GLI? >>;

And yeah, this was the first Comic series I got into. And Cable & Deadpool is good for anybody who likes DP.
Gravemynd wrote: :bat: dropped in and one two punched :twoface: in both his faces, thereby making a two four punch.

Ser Warjacksworth
Knight

Great Lakes Initiative.

He introduced me to Soryuken.

Gravemynd
Knight

Post by Gravemynd »

I just figured out that there are some more DP things i haven't read in my DP folder, one folder contains all the times DP is in other comics... Anyway i started reading ult. Spiderman.... i really liked this page.

borky101
Knight

Re: DP Page

Post by borky101 »

Who are they?

CactusFunk
King
Favourite Hero: Captain America

Post by CactusFunk »

That does look cool but without reading any Ultimate titles I have no idea who they are.
Jesus Christ I'm not scared of dying, I'm a little bit scared of what comes after.

Ser Warjacksworth
Knight

According to wiki, they're the Ultimate Reavers.

Gravemynd
Knight

Post by Gravemynd »

The top five guys are some prison/cyborg/mutants or something (may not be mutants) that tie into the Ult. Xmen, the guy on the bottom who says "Bonus"

Is DeadPool, Ultimate DeadPool.

idimegra
Squire

Post by idimegra »

Cable and Deadpool is what I'm reading now. Its one of the better series I've read with humor + action. I'm up to issue 25 and and fairly enjoying it.

panamagoo
Duke
Favourite Hero: Spider-Man

Post by panamagoo »

Well, I think Deadpool is hillarious, although I haven't read the series in quite a while... but I am looking forward to the new one dropping next week!
Ser Warjacksworth wrote:Great Lakes Initiative.

He introduced me to Soryuken.
Haha! Are you talking about when he attacks Shadowcat? A friend showed me that panel to get me to start reading the comic, that was great! lol

Gravemynd
Knight

Post by Gravemynd »

Marking my calender as I speak: September 10th: DP-Day.

AKNFJoshMiller
Squire
Favourite Hero: Wonder Twins

Post by AKNFJoshMiller »

I am yet another who started off reading Deadpool. I kept reading it for a long time after Joe Kelly left but it was NEVER as good. Specifically anything up through the Dead Reckoning, and maybe 10 or so after that. Including two of my favorite crossovers ever with Wolverine, and then Bullseye(both issues in the late 20's I believe). It was alright when Priest took over writing but went to complete shit when Palmiotti took over writing it. And like I said it never really got back to being as great as it once was. I read one issue of Cable/Deadpool when it first came out and it was hilarious. Reminded me a lot of the earlier Deadpool. Joe Kelly returning to Deadpool would probably be the greatest thing ever!