X Men vs Justice League

Who's faster; Flash or Superman? Want a Thing vs Hulk rematch? Battle your favourite characters here!

X Men vs Justice League

X Men
38%
Justice League
63%

Total votes: 40

faloola
Merchant
Where did you hear about us?: Yahoo Answers

Post by faloola »

This is a pretty obvious answer to me, and it seems to be the same as most everyone here, which is that the JLA would wipe out the X-Men with little to no effort. Like a few have said, it is also because the power scale is substantially different. I haven't looked around too much yet but if there's a poll here on JLA vs. the Avengers ...
O me, O life ... of the questions of these recurring,
Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities filled with the foolish,
What good amid these, O me, O life?
Answer -
That you are here. That life exists, and identity.

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse.

realworld83
Squire
Favourite Hero: Spider-Man
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Re: X Men vs Justice League

Post by realworld83 »

I put down X-Men, because I'm all for the underdog.
Besides, Professor X would anticipate the attack, so they would hide somewhere save (I'll leave it at someone else to determine were that place could be).

Finally, they'd throw out Wolverine, so the Justice League has something to play with until they all die of boredom because he regenerates (for the sake of the argument I assume that they won't find a way to stop that - but given the enormous number of Wolverine-titles Marvel is running, I doubt they will).

BSB84
Squire
Favourite Hero: Flash

Post by BSB84 »

I think the X-Men could give them a run for their money since they can fight dirtier and are more sneaky. However, if they should defeat all of the JLA, they still have to account for Batman and he always has a trick or two up his sleeve.

dexraven
Squire
Favourite Hero: War Machine

Post by dexraven »

this is kind of tough. i mean you could say that the JLA would slaughter the xmen but who's to say that professor x is at his normal level and no onslaught? whos to say that the phoenix/jean grey doesnt come out of her little area somewhere in the galaxy and join the xmen. and whos to say that its just the original xmen. i mean there are some pretty powerful mutants out there. ones that neutralize powers, ones that stuff happens based on what they think. the xmen in my opinion are underrated in this fight. i think heroes like superman and flash would be beaten before people think they would.
Theres a possibility of death involved??? COUNT ME IN!!!

spe69
Serf
Favourite Hero: Magneto

Post by spe69 »

x men should win and as for superman just have wolverine dip his claws in kriptonite

SaintOfKillers
Knight
Favourite Hero: Jesse Custer

Post by SaintOfKillers »

All powers aside, JLA (at least in the past decade) is just written better. So my vote goes to them.

And for the record, I'm not denying that there have been some great X stories . . . just overall, I feel that JLA and Co. have been more interesting.

xavi
Knight
Favourite Hero: wolverine
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by xavi »

Hands down Justice League to trash the X-Men...
But then again Rouge could possibly absorb the powers of all the Justice League. Thats overkill.

Nah Rogue can't absorb all their powers...she'll go nuts...anyway the only edge X-Men have over JL is psychic attacks but hell JL would still win w e sheer numbers

CharlieRock
Knight
Favourite Hero: Superman
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Re:

Post by CharlieRock »

the only edge X-Men have over JL is psychic attacks but hell JL would still win w e sheer numbers

That of course is debateable. I'd submit that J'onn J'onz is every equal to Prof X in that regard. Prof X is widely known to be th emost powerful telepath in human terms, but Martian Manhunter is , well, Martian. And if you include Faith in the JL roster your really challenging the conventional wisdom of Prof X even further. And Dr. Fate was a member, at least the female Dr. Fate.

sparts72
Serf
Favourite Hero: Scarlet Spider

Post by sparts72 »

Not sure how anyone could judge this without knowing the exact members of each team. I would say that most JLAs probably beat a random X-men team, but then again the X-men have had some real powerhouse people as well.

You get an X-men team with say... Prof. X, Magneto, Jean Grey, X-man, Gambit @peak power (He can just make people explode), Rogue, and Wolverine (He is on every team after all) should mop the floor with most JLA teams.

Dram45
Squire
Favourite Hero: Phoenix

Re: X Men vs Justice League

Post by Dram45 »

Given that JLA biggest weakness is probably telepathy, as the x-men can't equal in brute strenght, they have telepathy in abundance.

Charles Xavier, Jean Grey, Rachel Grey and Emma Frost(Not so sure about that one) are all omega level telepaths, even without Phoenix force.

The JLA has only one the Martian, if they work around him they could take down the league simply by immobalizing them in their own minds.

The X-men have so many charecters though with such varied powers, any one of the mutant reality warpers or omega level telekinetics could play havoc with them.

godzilla
Knight

Post by godzilla »

Well everyone loses. But if I do need to pick a winner I go Justice League. On the off chance Rouge takes some of Superman's powers it drive her crazy, so the X-Men would have to fight off two super beings.

spacesoulboi
Squire
Favourite Hero: superman

Post by spacesoulboi »

I'm going with the X-Men because you have a whole race of mutants with their own set of different powers
There's only one thing I hate more than lying: skim milk. Which is water that is lying about being milk.

— Ron Swanson