Superman
19%

Total votes: 16

Imperius Rex
Knight
Favourite Hero: Spidey!
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Post by Imperius Rex »

CharlieRock wrote:What kind of prep time are we talking here? Can Superman get a anti-magic amulet from Dr. Fate before the start?
Hmmm. That's an interesting question. There was no specific rule if the combatants can get weapons from other sources during prep time. That would definitely give the "intellectuals" a big advantage (Doom, Reed Richards, Batman, oh my god, even Squirrel Girl).

However, since last tournament, Thanos was also banned from using the Infinity Gauntlet because it was not in his possession anymore, unless the entry would be "Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet". Also like Iron Man, if they would have wanted the Extremis version, they should have put Iron Man (Extremis) or Ultimate Magneto or Golden Age Spectre for example.

Having another character's weapon would keep things interesting but the discussion would always wind down with "this character got the infinity gauntlet or ultimate nullifier during prep time". So my best guess would be that standard character's arsenal only.

CharlieRock
Knight
Favourite Hero: Superman
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Re: Most Powerful Round 1: Stephen Strange vs Superman

Post by CharlieRock »

Alright. I'm still betting on Superman sucking the breath out of Dr. Strange's lungs before he can utter a magic spell's vocal component.

fsw
Count
Favourite Hero: Night Thrasher
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by fsw »

Categories are a good suggestion for future tournaments. As for the rules they are evolving as comments are made but the prep time was intended as using only that character's resources. On the other hand if you could make a good argument for how a character would use the prep time to plan to acquire some equipment at the beginning of the battle and use it to win, I feel that would certainly be a viable argument.

QuickBen
Merchant
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by QuickBen »

I have to go Stephen on this one .

BIgBadJoe
Squire
Favourite Hero: Dr. Strange
Where did you hear about us?: Katz

Post by BIgBadJoe »

+1 to Stephen (yes, he is my favorite hero) but it is almost impossible to compare their skills or powers ;)