Most Powerful Round 2: Superboy-Prime vs Dr. Manhattan

Help us discover the most powerful being in all of comics!

Who win win this round?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:47 pm

Superboy-Prime
23%
Dr. Manhattan
77%

Total votes: 22

fsw
Count
Favourite Hero: Night Thrasher
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Most Powerful Round 2: Superboy-Prime vs Dr. Manhattan

Post by fsw »

xavi
Knight
Favourite Hero: wolverine
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by xavi »

My vote's with Manhattan...Superboy-Prime's speed and movement may pose an initial challenge to Manhattan but since the latter is able to duplicate himself has fully mastered the art of matter manipulation and teleportation, Superboy-Prime could potentially face up to more Manhattans than he could handle ...plus Manhattan can reconstruct himself easily so no matter how hard Superboy hits his opponents, they'll keep coming back...

fsw
Count
Favourite Hero: Night Thrasher
Where did you hear about us?: Search Engine

Post by fsw »

I'm not a fan of either of these so the fanboy in me would like to see a tie to eliminate both. I think that prep time and powers give Dr. Manhattan the edge so that is where I voted.

CharlieRock
Knight
Favourite Hero: Superman
Where did you hear about us?: Link from another forum or webpage

Re:

Post by CharlieRock »

xavi wrote:My vote's with Manhattan...Superboy-Prime's speed and movement may pose an initial challenge to Manhattan but since the latter is able to duplicate himself has fully mastered the art of matter manipulation and teleportation, Superboy-Prime could potentially face up to more Manhattans than he could handle ...plus Manhattan can reconstruct himself easily so no matter how hard Superboy hits his opponents, they'll keep coming back...
I wasn't sure. But after reading this post I think Dr. Manhatten can beat SB-Prime.

croy2814
Knight
Favourite Hero: Green Lantern
Where did you hear about us?: Told by a friend

Post by croy2814 »

As much as I love Prime, he couldn't stand a chance against Dr. Manhattan. And with Manhattan's ability to alter matter couldn't he presumably just transform Superboy to kryptonite if he wanted?

CharlieRock
Knight

Re:

Post by CharlieRock »

croy2814 wrote:As much as I love Prime, he couldn't stand a chance against Dr. Manhattan. And with Manhattan's ability to alter matter couldn't he presumably just transform Superboy to kryptonite if he wanted?
SB-Prime is not weak to kryptonite, since in his reality it doesn't exist. But that doesn't stop Dr. Manhatten from changing him into some other element that would end the fight.

disel24
Marquis
Favourite Hero: Spider-Man
Where did you hear about us?: Katz

Post by disel24 »

That's not true. Last time he was seen SB Prime WAS weak to Kryptonite...I can't remember the reason but he was.

Plus, Manhattan could just continue to search for something to weaken him, and he would find it. He could create a red sun and blast Prime with it.

Manhattan is an uber beast.
[center]Image[/center]

shaggypr01
Knight
Favourite Hero: Wolverine
Where did you hear about us?: Yahoo Answers

Re: Most Powerful Round 2: Superboy-Prime vs Dr. Manhattan

Post by shaggypr01 »

Dr. Manhattan will kick Superboy-Prime ass anytime.

Hancock
Knight
Favourite Hero: Batman

Post by Hancock »

Superboy-Prime doesn't stand a chance against matter-manipulation. He'd be transformed before he has the chance to do deal any damage.

CharlieRock
Knight

Re:

Post by CharlieRock »

disel24 wrote:That's not true. Last time he was seen SB Prime WAS weak to Kryptonite...I can't remember the reason but he was.

Plus, Manhattan could just continue to search for something to weaken him, and he would find it. He could create a red sun and blast Prime with it.

Manhattan is an uber beast.
Well, I was going off of how he was immune to it in DC Comics Presents #87. Admittedly this is a way old issue so they could have changed it. The entry in the DC Wiki database still says this about SB-P:
Kryptonite Immunity: Krypton of Earth-Prime's universe—unlike other versions of the planet—was swallowed up by its sun Rao, rather than destroyed in an explosion that might have created Kryptonite, so there is no known Kryptonite that can affect Prime. Prime, as well as Superman of Earth-Two, has been shown to be immune to the Kryptonite of the New Earth Universe. Presently there is no known existing variant of Kryptonite that originates in the current reality that can effect Prime.

Code: Select all

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Kal-El_(Earth-Prime)
I haven't read any issues with Superboy Prime lately. After he killed Pathra I'm rather scared of him. >_>