Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:06 pm 
Marquis

Thanked 0 times for this post.
1,267 total thanks.
Say thanks

And this is why politics should never be discussed. <_< People are incapable of discussing it without flinging insults at each other with a "my opinion's better" attitude.

Post subject: Re: USA Politics
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:36 pm 
Count

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

that's ok,you can't have a political debate without the occasional insult or two,but let me assure you,discussions will cease if insults start taking more than 10% of a post,through I don't think it's likely scenario seeing as people here never truly get hostile around here

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:09 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

volzzilla wrote:
and are you kidding me about how you pick and choose what to respond too and then making whatever up (debter's prison? come on, there is no such thing)

From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debtor%27s_prison#Modern_Debtors.27_Prison
Quote:
Modern Debtors' Prison

1970 - Current

While the United States no longer has brick and mortar debtors' prisons, or "gaols for debtors", the term "debtor's prison" in modern times still refers to the continued practice of imprisoning citizens for debts with more than a third of U.S. states allowing debtors to be jailed for non payment. To what extent a debtor will actually be prosecuted varies from state to state. The modern use of the term debtors' prison arguably has it's start with precedent rulings in 1970, 1971 and 1983 by the U.S. Supreme Court, and passage of the Bankruptcy Reform Act of 1978.

Also, what did I "pick and chose what to respond to"? I responded to every important part of the posts. As for the other stuff I've said, of course I don't like people who voted in ways I didn't, especially in this election. The possibility of going to jail because I'm too poor and can't afford to pay the tax on being alive makes me understandably angry. It seems like everyone who supports it has more than enough money to get health insurance and so it doesn't matter to them, which makes me even more angry. If you forced every democrat politician to live on less than 10-15K a year, I would bet that they would eliminate Obamacare immediately. Say what you want about Republicans, but most Democrats are richer and more out of touch with people who don't have money than many of the worst Republicans.

Lex Talionis wrote:
that's ok,you can't have a political debate without the occasional insult or two,but let me assure you,discussions will cease if insults start taking more than 10% of a post,through I don't think it's likely scenario seeing as people here never truly get hostile around here

If I got close to going overboard, I'm sorry :oops: The Canada thing (which I maintain would be a good solution for everybody but Canadians), was probably a bit ridiculous. I don't usually get this angry about politics, but I've never had something happen that has such potential to ruin my life, and to see it get passed while rich people who aren't going to be effected by it at all are cheering and calling it the best thing ever just makes me feel really angry. I do try not to insult anyone specifically (I mean people in this thread, I'll say things about Obama and democrats in general all day long), and I know not all democrats are evil. I just had a personal stake in this election, so I get angry at democrats who love Obamacare without realising that it affects a lot of people in a very bad way.

Post subject: Re: USA Politics
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:24 pm 
Count

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

you didn't do anything wrong,if anything my prime concern is with people who might try to bully you for supporting the other party in a mostly blue "state" :D

Profile WWW