Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )



All times are UTC [ DST ]



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: USA Politics
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:11 pm 
Count
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:50 pm
Posts: 3722
Location: Israel (Formly Russia)

Thanked 0 times for this post.
2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
done.

but renamed topic to USA Politics because American Politics isn't exactly accurate

_________________
Image


 Profile WWW  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:29 am 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:55 pm
Posts: 1730
Location: U.S.A.

Thanked 0 times for this post.
1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
impulse wrote:
Then, no offense, they're stupid. the GOP is pro-business, and generally pro-taxes. For a poor person to identify themselves as Republican is dimwitted as all the Republicans generally care about is wealth. I expect the main reason we're seeing so many Republicans in the south in the past few years is because there's still a lot of racism in the US and they oppose Obama mostly for the fact that he is 'black'.

Generally speaking, I despise politics. The two-party system is majorly flawed. It doesn't allow much of a chance for any other than Democrats or Republicans to hold office.

To be honest, I have some pretty different views in regarding politics. I believe that we should have a sort of Socialist existence. We have the means that no one should go without. Money is just numbers and paper anymore. There's no reason that anybody should be homeless or jobless. :shrug:


I guess I'm stupid :shrug:

When the republicans were still trying to decide their nominee, I decided that, as long as they didn't choose bachman or Santorum, I'd vote for whoever they put up. I don't care if it was originally based off something romney did in massachusetts, I hate Obamacare (and my family is poor, so I'm not some rich guy complaining about helping poor people), and if Romney gets into office, and the congress stays like it is, thats the most likely situation where it will be repealled. In general, I'm very moderate. I hate republicans social ideas, like the anti gay marriage/women/etc stuff, but I can't stand democrats economic ideas. I'm not very into politics in general, I don't watch the debates and stuff like that, but as much as I dislike the more intolerant policies of a lot of republicans,
the economic stuff just effects my family too much for me to vote for them (same goes for state elections, I would never vote for a democrate for governor or congress).

Just so you know, I live in Washington state, and I would have no problem voting for a candidate of any race/religion/gender. Its their political leanings that are important, not what they look like or their personal, private beliefs.

_________________
Image


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:15 am 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:12 pm
Posts: 338
Location: Ireland

Thanked 0 times for this post.
40 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
So you could vote for a Mormon? Sweet fuck a goddamn Mormom.....

It's also really important you watch Stephen King's "The Dead Zone" so you can amend your last line.


 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:19 am 
Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:35 am
Posts: 539

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
volzzilla wrote:
this could be a cool topic, especially now. requesting it be renamed to american politics or something else more relevent as ron paul talk is crazy late about now.

regarding impulse's comment about certain people relating to the GOP who shouldnt, its more about getting behind non political functions and allowing that to dictate their vote. for instance, voting republican due to not supporting abortion. me, i could give a crap about abortion as it will not help anything regarding a direction of a country other then getting people too strongly behind it one way or another to argue.


Edit: inflammatory language removed

_________________
just passing by


Last edited by theadirondackcoyote on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted response due to complaint.


 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:48 am 
Marquis
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 1381

Thanked 0 times for this post.
1,267 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
DrainBamaged wrote:
So you could vote for a Mormon? Sweet fuck a goddamn Mormom.....

It's also really important you watch Stephen King's "The Dead Zone" so you can amend your last line.



I honestly don't think that religion has anything to do with the discussion of US politics. As long as the president keeps the separation of their church/faith and the politics they practice than it shouldn't matter what religion someone is.

_________________
ImageImageImage


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:29 pm 
Knight

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:53 pm
Posts: 254

Thanked 0 times for this post.
303 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
@jizzme i honestly dont understand how you are not banned from this forum. a sig like that one, not to mention a blatent rude attack merely for thinking its useless to talk about a texas senator who will not be president any time soon, if ever.

@batman5555 you claim to be moderate except that you'd never vote for a democrat? that is a bit contradictory. while i agree there are some things in democratic economic issues need adjusting (too many take advantage of welfrare and the like) i can't get behind the GOP stance that favors corporate interests and allows/encourages financial mismanagement and abuse in banking, stock market, and however else that puts the burden of those actions onto the middle class


 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: USA Politics
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:19 pm 
Marquis
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 1381

Thanked 0 times for this post.
1,267 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
Edit: Due to request diatribe between Jizzme and Volzilla has been deleted.

_________________
ImageImageImage


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:17 pm 
Knight

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:53 pm
Posts: 254

Thanked 0 times for this post.
303 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
thanx coyote. and for the record, i was the one that requested the removal of a few replies. you didnt miss anything cept a back and forth between me and jizz.


i didnt watch the debate, but i read a bit on it. apparently it was romney trying to lie, and obama trying to tout good things he did but forget others.

really wish a 3rd party contender would step in. someone that wants to get rid of the people taking advantage of govt programs, appeal/fix obamacare, but won't be a tool for corporate interests (which is my biggest concern)


 Profile  
 

 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:06 pm 
Count
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:05 am
Posts: 2725
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanked 0 times for this post.
3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
theadirondackcoyote wrote:
DrainBamaged wrote:
So you could vote for a Mormon? Sweet fuck a goddamn Mormom.....

It's also really important you watch Stephen King's "The Dead Zone" so you can amend your last line.



I honestly don't think that religion has anything to do with the discussion of US politics. As long as the president keeps the separation of their church/faith and the politics they practice than it shouldn't matter what religion someone is.



Religion has everything to do with politics. The majority of modern presidents have all been some sort of Christian.

_________________
Image


 Profile WWW  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:22 am 
Marquis
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 1381

Thanked 0 times for this post.
1,267 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
Im not saying that it doesn't have to do with politics, however it reminds me of JFK. When they asked him if he'd have to listen to the Pope because he was Catholic. He answered no because there was separation between church and state. That's the point. If you don't preach your faith on others - your religion and what faith you personally believe in should not matter.

_________________
ImageImageImage


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:14 pm 
Knight

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:53 pm
Posts: 254

Thanked 0 times for this post.
303 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
the way i see it regarding religion and politics is that what a candidates faith should not dictate how you vote, nor using it against them.

the latter the most important part due to there being a large portion of republican americans that not only do that with obama, but are ignorant of his faith. i mean that by the number of stories where i've heard them calling him a muslim.

btw, i just watched a video commentary on romney's "binder full of women" comment. when he was governor of mass, he eliminated every state law on equality and affirmative action and anything related.


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:25 am 
Marquis
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 1381

Thanked 0 times for this post.
1,267 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
Yeah....that comment wasn't well thought out.

_________________
ImageImageImage


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:39 am 
Count
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:05 am
Posts: 2725
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Thanked 0 times for this post.
3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
Image


 Profile WWW  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:16 pm 
Marquis
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:54 am
Posts: 1381

Thanked 0 times for this post.
1,267 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
hahah, he never said that. :lol:

Though he is an idiot...I'll give you that.

_________________
ImageImageImage


 Profile  
 

 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:52 pm 
Knight

Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:53 pm
Posts: 254

Thanked 0 times for this post.
303 total thanks.
Say thanks


Offline
actually, he kind of did say that. google romney 47% and look for early october. i'm still amazed how obama and democrats aren't continuingly hammering him on those comments.

while i could maybe get behind him if i believed him about fixing/repealing obamacare or if i believed he really could help the economy (which i dont), the 47% quote kind of solidifies how he is completely out of touch with regular people and anything he'd do would be how he'd be a puppet for corporate interests.


 Profile  
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: