Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:50 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
149 total thanks.
Say thanks

Wow. I never saw that bit before, about Jamie becoming the new Captain Britain and him appearing more. I mean, I thought the Dome stuff was going to become throw away. I really like the idea of him being more prominent in the Ultimates.

I am enjoying what's come so far, Ultimate Hawkeye was a bit of a non-entity info dump issue, but with any luck we'll get some more serious violence and Hawkeyeishness in the coming issues. If I am honest, Ultimates can't come out fast enough - and I really want to see X-Men and Spider-Man. This is the most I've been excited about Ultimate comics since they first started and I was doing my GCSE revision, or rather reading those comics on the internet than doing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:06 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

The whole Ultimate Universe is a neat thing, to me. Things about it bug me, like how they kill off almost every major/key character that have such major roles in 616. Like Spider-man, most of the X-men, and others. But the cool thing is that, they don't seem to come up with a B.S. reason for the characters coming back, the world moves on, the roles are replaced. New Spider-Man who isn't Peter, new Wolverine who isn't Logan, etc. And they were fully prepared to replaced Cap. and others in the first Ultimate Comics Ultimates/Avengers run. Which is a sweet thing to me, if it's done right. I just hope that the new Spidey feels like a Spidey. :spider:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:12 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Looks like Thor is going back to the old costume with some upgrades

Spoiler: show

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:20 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

What did you guy's think of the latest issue?.......I really liked it Hickman writes some really good high concept stuff, I just wish Tony's armor can get a more original redesign, something that looks less like the movies. :iron:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:37 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I want Reed Richards to just dominate in the end and create a new world order and this becomes the Status Que for the new Ultimate Universe.

I have a feeling he will lose to something incredibility stupid like Sue Storms tricks him and he falls for her. What I am hoping for that if they try this he just shows he cloned her or basically shows he was over her after his first century of life. I mean he was alive for what 1000 years I think he should be over her by than.

This is the first time I am actually liking Reed Richards I couldn't get into Ultimate FF and thought his character was too annoying that caused the same problems he had to fix. Now he's this sort of villain but not really and I just love that mystery about him, he's not evil he's giving the people a chance and trying not to killing people unless completely provoked. This is honestly the best Ultimate's story and is way better than any of the other Ultimate Titles out at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:33 am 
Knight

283 total thanks.
Say thanks

The whole time i have a claustrophobic feeling. Identifying mostly with our heros, i feel threatened, helpless since from the start of the run.

Fury just grabbing straws all the time and still ending up as a tiny part in the grand sceme.

So we are constantly losing ,when we take my and certainly many other readers feelings as measre. But factual win, yes, Reed is there for how many thousands of years now?
He totally should change at least the status quo - which he, trusting on our Ultimate Universes tendency to allow such things, can probably do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:09 pm 
Merchant

370 total thanks.
Say thanks

Has anyone been reading the newest volume of Ultimate Comics? Seems as if every series, be it Ultimates or Ultimate Spider Man or Ultimate XMen the stories have all been great, I have especially been enjoying the Ultimates/XMen cross over, Tomorrows Children vs Tian should make for one hell of a story. Everyone is so much different in the Ultimate universe, nonenofnthem are anything like their main stream Marvel counterparts, I love how they're so much darker, more afraid, more plausible as people who suffer loss and heartache not just fictional characters who keep coming back from the dead, in this universe, dead is dead for the most part and I think thats what what most appeals to me, a sense of fatalism, every battle could be these guys last and in the Ultimate universe, no one is safe.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:22 am 
Knight

283 total thanks.
Say thanks

TheCreamEggKing wrote:
I love how they're so much darker, more afraid, more plausible as people who suffer loss and heartache not just fictional characters who keep coming back from the dead, in this universe, dead is dead for the most part and I think thats what what most appeals to me, a sense of fatalism, every battle could be these guys last and in the Ultimate universe, no one is safe.

True. The Normal U feels like an infinite loop, while here just half of Europe died out.

And why the Germans?? What did the Germans ever do wrong? :neutral:

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:50 pm 
Merchant

370 total thanks.
Say thanks

And why the Germans?? What did the Germans ever do wrong? :neutral

That will be a ) WW 1 and b) WW 2

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:38 pm 
Knight

283 total thanks.
Say thanks

TheCreamEggKing wrote:
And why the Germans?? What did the Germans ever do wrong? :neutral

That will be a ) WW 1 and b) WW 2

Never heard of those things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:06 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

How good was this last issue!!!???!!!! OMG I love Hickman on this book, he rights Reed Richards as one of the best villains I've read In a while. This is what the Avengers books are missing, stories where the odds really seem against them, and there seems to be no way out. I hate that he's leaving this book, hopefully he gets 616 Avengers when Brian leaves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:36 pm 
Knight

283 total thanks.
Say thanks

What? Why would he leave?? And when ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:21 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

what issue is out now?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:15 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

kuna wrote:
What? Why would he leave?? And when ?

Sam Humpheries is taking over in a few issues.