Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:53 pm 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
32 total thanks.
Say thanks

OK bendis finally DID it: he killed (a) spider-man
Simpy there will be no spider-man without peter parker.
Thre will no ultimate universe withour spider-man.
It's just heroes behaving NOt as heroes (or better not BEING heores), but merely as people with powers... the only difference between them and the bad guys is.. well you just cannoy tell (count how many innocent deathts and catastrophes they have caused)!
I have cancelled my ultimate spider-man subscription , soon I thilk I'll do the same to all ultimate titles.
When most of fans do the same maybe they will find a way to bring back the REAL spider-man....
:spider:

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:41 pm 
Knight

283 total thanks.
Say thanks

morpheus_uk_2k2 wrote:
It's just heroes behaving NOt as heroes (or better not BEING heores), but merely as people with powers... the only difference between them and the bad guys is.. well you just cannoy tell (count how many innocent deathts and catastrophes they have caused)!
I have cancelled my ultimate spider-man subscription , soon I thilk I'll do the same to all ultimate titles.
When most of fans do the same maybe they will find a way to bring back the REAL spider-man....

Oh BU fucking HU.

People in comics behaving like real people.

Im so disappointed.. NOT.

Spaced wrote:
Only numbers available from the reboot books so far are these:

U r the man. TY!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:14 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

morpheus_uk_2k2 wrote:

Was there this much of a stink when they killed Ultimate Wolverine and replaced him with Jimmy Hudson?.........people are acting like Peter is dead across the board there is like ten othe books in 616 they can still read with Peter, wasn't it the point of the Ultimate Universe in the beggining anyway to do things you coulndt do in 616 like kill off hero's and not have them comeback in three months in some ridiculous ressuerection?

Post subject: Re: And the New Ultimate Spider-man is... [spoilers]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:44 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

I assume you never actually read Ultimate Spider-Man:

the reason people cared way more about U.Peter Parker's death than they did U.Wolverne's was because unlike U.Wolverine,U.Peter Parker wasn't a complete carbon copy of the original.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:15 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Lex Talionis wrote:

the reason people cared way more about U.Peter Parker's death than they did U.Wolverne's was because unlike U.Wolverine,U.Peter Parker wasn't a complete carbon copy of the original.

Well you should probably stop assuming, because as the saying goes you'll make an ass of yourself, I've read every issue of U. Spider-Man since it began. My point is that change happen's especially in the Ultimate U, deal with it and don't wine about how something is dead too you now. I cared about U. Peter too, one of my favorite characters, but that chapter is done. If you have loved the series since it began than why not remain loyal to the man who made it so good Bendis, he hasn't steered it wrong yet, so lets at least give it time to breath before we jump ship. I just don't care for fair weather fandom.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:30 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

batmanandrobin wrote:
Lex Talionis wrote:

Now you know what they say about assuming :D I've read every issue of U. Spider-Man since it began. My point is that change happen's especially in the Ultimate U, deal with it and don't wine about how something is dead too you now. I cared about U. Peter too, one of my favorite characters, but that chapter is done. If you have loved the series since it began than why not remain loyal to the man who made it so good Bendis, he hasn't steered it wrong yet, so lets at least give it time to breath before we jump ship. I just don't care for fair weather fandom.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:20 am 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm not against Miles Morales,but saying that there's no sense in expressing grief towards Ultimate Peter Parker because we still have the Mainstream counterpart around is like saying "so what if Superboy died in Infinite Crisis,there are,like,ten other books you can still read with Superman in them,same character anyways"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:44 am 
Knight

199 total thanks.
Say thanks

morpheus_uk_2k2 wrote:

Lex Talionis wrote:
I'm not against Miles Morales,but saying that there's no sense in expressing grief towards Ultimate Peter Parker because we still have the Mainstream counterpart around is like saying "so what if Superboy died in Infinite Crisis,there are,like,ten other books you can still read with Superman in them,same character anyways"

Uhhmmmm....to both of the above, I'd have to say a big "Huh?" :O + :shrug:
@morphy: I'm so jealous that you can still actually afford subscriptions to Ultimate U comics :shock: + <_<
and @Lexy: I'm not even going to comment on your Infinite Crisis Superboy vis-a-vis Ultimate Spider-Man Peter Parker's "death".... :shock:

and yeah, u can stop assuming..... I just read the web-rip Ultimate Spidey vol.2.0...its "Ok" for now...i mean nothing really going much there except for the end part (which is a bit " :shock: ") ...and yeah, throwing in the no.42 a couple of times for us "nerds" is so....uhmmm...amusing ^_^

Did anyone else got the meaning of 42?? :shrug: and is there an Ultimate :deadpool: Deadpool???

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:24 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Lex Talionis wrote:

Lex I know your not against him, I've read your other post on this topic. My comments are more so towards Morpheus who said that he's cancelling his subscription. It all just seem's very dramatic for something we haven't seen played out yet. I was and still a little sad that Peter is gone, but there is a difference between grief and declaring damnation on the Ultimate U because of his death. They are still making good books without him, and I wouldn't say say the whole Superboy Superman thing Because they are different characters. While U. Spidey had differences between him and 616 Spidey they also shared alot in common too.

Oh and spy Dur-man (love your name) check out U. Spider-man 91-94 for U. Deadpool

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:00 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

spyDUHr-man wrote:
Did anyone else got the meaning of 42?? :shrug: and is there an Ultimate :deadpool: Deadpool???

As batmanandrobin said, 91-94 of the originally titled series. Be warned, if you play Shattered Dimensions, an Ultimate level is about Deadpool - but that is NOT how Ultimate Deadpool is written. Less jokes, more 'I want to kill teenagers', in the comics. Only the one appearance, despite a "The end......?"-style ending.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:40 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Does it matter it's only ultimate universe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:53 pm 
Squire

32 total thanks.
Say thanks

ok... let's see...
captain america (CAPTAIN AMERICA!) shielding himself from war machine using... children (Ultimate CAP 1 or 2)? Not to mention using a flamethrower to overpower a teammate (Thor, in Ultimates 2)...
These are just some Ultimate pearls

And, knight, as of

"Oh BU fucking HU.

People in comics behaving like real people.

Im so disappointed.. NOT." (I don't know how to quote)

Considering that we're friendly talking about comics (guys it's just a hobby! :lol: ) and that obviously everybody's entitled to his tastes, the whole point of HEROES is not having fancy capes or whatsoever power: it's that in desperate situation they would act, well, heroically, NOT as real pepole.. or they would be... super-laymen...

What I blame bendis most for is that he just lowered the "super heroes" concept, not actualized it. The reason pepole could feel more simpathetic to his heroes is not that they're more up to date, but simply... flying lower...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:14 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Another really good issue this week, better than the last really loved the moment shared between Miles and his dad, very well written, & I simply cant say enough about Pichelli's art. I was never a real big fan of Bagley's stuff because it just didn't give me the feeling of a book set in NY, there was no style to his character models, but Pichelli defiantly has nailed all that. Looking forward to the next one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:13 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Just a quick heads up for anyone reading this series:

Diamond Comic Distributors wrote:
MARVEL COMICS
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #6 (OCT110621, $3.99) has been cancelled and will be resolicited in the November 2011 Marvel Previews.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man (2011) Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:26 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

why say it's canceled if it's only being pushed back ? the nerve of some people... :shrug:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next