Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:28 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

I thought issue #1 was ok, but 2 and 3 weren't very good, so I'm done reading it. The new guy just isn't very interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:44 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

That issue is actually cancelled, stores will have to re-order it.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:55 pm 
Knight

283 total thanks.
Say thanks

What does cancelled in that context?

Couldnt they print it in time orrr something like that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:05 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Why would a single issue be cancelled? I've never heard of that before.

Post subject: Re: Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man (2011) Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:20 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

THat's a new one on me. Cancelled? why just one issue? :spider:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:30 am 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I can't help but feeling like a little kid who's balloon popped and my mother offered to get me another one. I don't want another one, I want mine. It's not really like that though. My balloon had a personality, people that loved him, a great big world built around him that he held up on his shoulders. He played a big part in raising me and shaping my personality as I grew and then I saw the chance to kind of do the same with him. I bought his comics and loved every story I read. When all the other Ultimate stories just stopped dead, he carried it and now that Marvel has decided it can continue the Ultimate Universe without him I don't know that I can support that. I'm not a fair weather fan.
I've been there through all of Peter's ups and definitely his downs. I loved the clone saga, unlike apparently everyone else. I LOVED 80's spidey and 90's spidey too. Marvel killed his daughter, took away his loved ones and made him choose sides in an unwinnable war then after all of that they made him make a deal with the devil and part with his beloved. I never left his side though I knew I wanted to turn away and avert my gaze for what they did to him. I didn't because I knew that hardships make a story and shape a hero. In order to keep having new stories about my hero he would have to endure more and more for my sake. From time to time I would get to see him do the things I had always wished he would do, perhaps in a What-If story.
Did anyone else read through the civil war and just couldn't stop thinking about how Tony Stark had gone completely insane and wanted vindication for what he put Peter through? Yeah, it happened a little bit in the main story, but in the What-If between him and the Kingpin? He handed Tony his own vodka marinated ass and he had no choice but to acknowledge Peter's superiority.

As for Miles? I can't bring myself to hate him. I can tell his life is troubled and he put on the mask as a way to tell himself that he was okay and there was something that made him belong; a reason for him to be there. I know he respects Peter just like I do, and he probably idolizes him the same way I do, but I also can't bring myself to like him. In order for him to exist my hero had to be taken away. I've read what there is so far and I have to say....I want MY balloon.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:09 pm 
Knight

199 total thanks.
Say thanks

ShiKageMaru wrote:
I can't help but feeling like a little kid who's balloon popped and my mother offered to get me another one. I don't want another one, I want mine. It's not really like that though. My balloon had a personality, people that loved him, a great big world built around him that he held up on his shoulders. He played a big part in raising me and shaping my personality as I grew and then I saw the chance to kind of do the same with him. I bought his comics and loved every story I read. When all the other Ultimate stories just stopped dead, he carried it and now that Marvel has decided it can continue the Ultimate Universe without him I don't know that I can support that. I'm not a fair weather fan.
I've been there through all of Peter's ups and definitely his downs. I loved the clone saga, unlike apparently everyone else. I LOVED 80's spidey and 90's spidey too. Marvel killed his daughter, took away his loved ones and made him choose sides in an unwinnable war then after all of that they made him make a deal with the devil and part with his beloved. I never left his side though I knew I wanted to turn away and avert my gaze for what they did to him. I didn't because I knew that hardships make a story and shape a hero. In order to keep having new stories about my hero he would have to endure more and more for my sake. From time to time I would get to see him do the things I had always wished he would do, perhaps in a What-If story.
Did anyone else read through the civil war and just couldn't stop thinking about how Tony Stark had gone completely insane and wanted vindication for what he put Peter through? Yeah, it happened a little bit in the main story, but in the What-If between him and the Kingpin? He handed Tony his own vodka marinated ass and he had no choice but to acknowledge Peter's superiority.

As for Miles? I can't bring myself to hate him. I can tell his life is troubled and he put on the mask as a way to tell himself that he was okay and there was something that made him belong; a reason for him to be there. I know he respects Peter just like I do, and he probably idolizes him the same way I do, but I also can't bring myself to like him. In order for him to exist my hero had to be taken away. I've read what there is so far and I have to say....I want MY balloon.

I feel for you man... :(

So here you go....

Spoiler: show
Do you want it life-sized? ^_^

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:10 am 
Knight

283 total thanks.
Say thanks

ShiKageMaru wrote:

Spoiler: show

Dude.. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:03 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I am giving the new Spider-man a chance but it is leaving a sour taste in my mouth, I will stick around until issue 10 if I can't get into it by then, than I know I never will. I might have accepted the new Miles character more if they weren't trying to shove him in a spider suit, especially after Peter's death.

Even if they bring back Peter Parker I think the damage is done and I may just give up on the Ultimate line up all together, maybe even Marvel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:54 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I think the new series has been off to a strong start. I thinks its kinda hard to go from face paced action to decompressed origin story, but I'm sure things will pick up. One thing that i think Bendis has done well especially in the third issue was give Miles his own voice that differs from Peter. What I really cant wait for is too see who will be built into Mile's rouges gallery. One thing that I felt held back the original USM was Bagley's art, I know he was quick, but it just wasn't my choice. I never really felt like Peter inhabited NY, but Pichelli is simply amazing she has really made the city come alive. Honestly I really like Miles so far and Ghanke(I think that's how you spell it) is awesome, what a great sidekick / Enabler. I think Ill be continue my streak of following this series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:19 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Haven't really got into it so far, it's taking far too long for him to become Spider-Man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:50 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Does anyone find it odd that they will be doing an Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon on DisneyXD with Peter Parker when they just killed him off and brought in Miles.

I know it takes place just a year into him being spider-man, but people not familiar with the series will be picking up issues of the new one and might get initially confused. Not to mention when they find out that the character their watching is dead they might be a bit turned off. I know I already am.

I think it will just split the audience up which isn't a good thing and one or the other will falter because of it. I know I got into spider-man because of the Fox cartoon as a kid. Unless they think the kids will be buying back issues of the Ultimate Spider-Man Comics.

Reminds me of the similar situation DC did to themselves with Starfire from Teen Titan. Girls who watched the CN cartoon didn't recognize the new 52 Starfire comic and DC just lost an entire generation of comic readers that they pretty much already had.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:06 am 
Knight

283 total thanks.
Say thanks

Anyone read the latest issue ?

Thought it was a strong issue . Was very moving - at least for the corny me :)
And it had the "$%&@ yea!" moments.

Any criticism from you guys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:57 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yea by far I think it's the best issue so far in the arc, overall it's been a really good story. I love the moment when Miles gets his first costume & the whole self awarness with the inner monolouge was hilairious! I'm looking forward to issue five. Oh and the scenes that Pichelli re created from Bagleys work were much better than the original IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:28 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I am having issues with the new Spider-Man. Miles just doesn't have the same wit as Parker did. I will give it several more issue before I decide to drop it or not. I am still trying to figure out why the change in characters myself. Does anyone know why they actually did it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next