Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:13 am 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
12 total thanks.
Say thanks

The last issue I read was 106. That marks the 100th issue that Charlie has drawn. I love his artwork. Anyways, on to the story. This arc is dragging out, but I am wondering what Negan has done with the last cliff hanger.

Spoiler: show
Not sure what he did to Carl? You think he converted Carl to join his group? Like he will get a free ride or something, like the women that he has for wives, betraying Rick, his dad. idk...Maybe he took out his other eye lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:10 pm 
Squire

1 total thanks.
Say thanks

Surprised there's not more love for TWD on here (8 months since last thread post).

Am liking what I reckon is the negotiated exchange between the telly series and the comic. Originally, when the telly series started I assumed it'd simply follow the comic more or less (so used to monitor what I said to people who only knew the telly series).

Its obviously now got its own version of (some of) the story and some of the characters, which is good fun. But, whereas in the past it took characters from the comics in different directions (Shane being the obvious one), now I'm wondering if the TV show is beginning to influence the comic given how Carl has looked/appeared in the most recent issues. Just saying

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:46 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

I dropped TWD with #108, even broke my "3 issue rule" in the hope that things would get better but they just kept going downhill.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:14 pm 
Knight

549 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
I dropped TWD with #108, even broke my "3 issue rule" in the hope that things would get better but they just kept going downhill.

The last issue was finally an upturn. I think Kirkman tried to draw out the Negan story because, all in all, the Governor wrapped up rather quickly. I think he tried to draw it out for a couple reasons... mainly the longevity of the book it proven now as opposed to back when the Governor first hit. Also, I think he really would have liked to draw the Governor out much longer and this was the chance to do it. But... well... Negan sucks. It feels like vulgarity just to be vulgar... no fun in that. With the All Out War story, hopefully Negan will be dead and gone and we can move it on...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:29 am 
Squire

1 total thanks.
Say thanks

Excellent point about the book's longevity influencing character development and the scope Kirkman now has.

I guess with Negan its simply whether you do/don't "like" (i.e. enjoy reading) the character. I do because of the brutal charisma he's been given.

I reckon the swearing/vulgarity is part of that in that its not so much breaking conventions as it is redefining them as yet another expression of his power (and self-confidence). Plus it makes the character out stand out. Besides given the sudden thing that happened in 114, I'd swear out loud too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:53 am 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Negan was the big turn off for me. He just comes across as a fuck spouting excuse to kill characters for shock value. #100 was pathetic and imho the series never got any higher than that til I dropped it.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:41 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

This is still the first book I read when I get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:49 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

#100 was tough, but it was really the guy showing up with the pet tiger that pretty much wilted my interest in this series. Is the Negan arc finally over? Is it worth coming back on board?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:20 pm 
Knight

549 total thanks.
Say thanks

All Out War is still going... and it's been pretty good. I thought the tiger was a bit of overkill, and it was... but Kirkman put a pretty damn good backstory behind Ezekiel and the tiger... it actually was coherent and made sense, if still a tad unbelievable. The tiger's dead now... letter pages were filled with pissed off people. lol.

I'm sure by the end of All Out War Negan will be dead... but it's been an interesting ride. Rick's group has their back against the wall, Rick has made some ballsy moves... and Maggie... damn... I think Kirkman has much more confidence in her character because of her portrayal on the show... she really showed up this latest issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:28 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Need that next shocking death to happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:47 pm 
Knight

303 total thanks.
Say thanks

only shocking death i wanna see is negan's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:23 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

His death isn't gonna be shocking since it's obvious the bad guy might die.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:24 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I agree with some of the sentiments above. The Negan storyline is rather lengthy. With the first installment of ALL Out War, I thought, "Oh, my . . . 12 more Negan issues. Yay." I've continued getting Walking Dead, but I'm tucking them away until I have the complete storyline. I intended to sit down and make an afternoon of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:23 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Damn, Rick!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:54 pm 
Squire

1 total thanks.
Say thanks

"Damn, Rick!" - brilliantly put.

Read some website that'd interviewed Robert Kirkman saying Negan will eventually appear in the tv series.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next