Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:37 pm 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Has anyone bought this on the PS3 yet? I have to say that I've been watching it for ages and think it'll be on the old Christmas list. I was disappointed with the levelling system in Oblivion and couldn't comprehend how no matter how much I levelled, it seemed that the creatures around me levelled too. I take it that this is not a problem in Skyrim? Those people that have begun to play it, how 'open' does the 'open world' element feel? Is it really possibly to just go off and do your own thing or is it better to follow the main story arc (if there is one). Is there an area in the game which has blown you away, graphically?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:33 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

mattobin wrote:
I was disappointed with the levelling system in Oblivion and couldn't comprehend how no matter how much I levelled, it seemed that the creatures around me levelled too. I take it that this is not a problem in Skyrim? Those people that have begun to play it, how 'open' does the 'open world' element feel? Is it really possibly to just go off and do your own thing or is it better to follow the main story arc (if there is one).

From what I've been led to believe the scaling of enemies in Skyrim differs from in Oblivion. In Skyrim you can walk into any dungeon and the enemies in it are set to your current level, if you leave and come back they'll still be at that same difficulty even if you've gained a dozen levels since then. I'm also under the impression that in the wilderness you'll just naturally have a range of enemies at varying difficulties from the start. There will be higher level enemies, like the giants, wandering around which will kill you in one or two hits from the start, which serve as a sort of soft barrier stopping you from wandering into certain areas too early.

I only got my copy yesterday but from what I've played so far you can go off on your own and explore to your heart's content. I'd recommend following the main quest until you get the dragon shouts before heading out into the deep wilderness, though, that way if you come across any randomly generated dragons or word walls you can capitalise on it.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:06 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Thanks Mabusk. I'm really happy to hear that the scaling issue has been resolved. I've seen enough trailers to be knocked sideways by the sheer beauty of the game which is partly what grabs me these days. I'm chuffed that you've now got your own copy and am only mildly jealous! Thanks for the advice on when to branch off the main quest too - I had great fun doing that with Fallout 3 back in the day although the High Fantasy is just a little but more appealing to me. Hope you're still getting much enjoyment from the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:50 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I can personally vouch for this games amazingness, when it comes to games I have a rather short attention span, and I usually end up back on a massive FPS, but this game, it just drew me in, it made me set aside MW3, and play unstoppably. The story draws you in and you just can't quit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:16 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I have it on PS3 and I am in love with it. I currently only have two profiles; Wood Elf and Khajiit, a Hand-to-Hand fighter. I remember walking around and getting into a random battle with a dragon. I didn't have any shouts and I didn't know about them, or how to play the game. I was annihilated pretty fast. :lol:

I am happy I purchased the game though, its fantastic and the music is amazing.

Anyone create a character for one role yet? Archery? Fist fighting? Swords?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:10 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I have to agree with Emma that the music is amazing, i got it for Xbox 360 and love it currently with a character combining archery and close combat, my next will be a mage, any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:39 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I ended up getting the game for PC and am thoroughly enjoying it. Emma, in ref. to your class question, I had intended to be an axe and shield fighter but because I spend so much time sneaking, I ended up becoming proficient with a bow and arrow. I seem to use everything at my disposal at the moment except heavy weapons and armour. The other week, I spent the whole day learning about potion-making which, in retrospect is very sad, but at the time was very enjoyable! I've played over 50 hours so far and think I've only explore about 100th of the game...at the most

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:08 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Bahamut_001 wrote:
I have to agree with Emma that the music is amazing, i got it for Xbox 360 and love it currently with a character combining archery and close combat, my next will be a mage, any suggestions?

You'll want to be an Elf than, a Dark one I believe, is best suited for magic?

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:54 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Emma wrote:
Bahamut_001 wrote:

You'll want to be an Elf than, a Dark one I believe, is best suited for magic?

Or a Breton for a mage. They get a bonus to Resist Magic and the Dragonskin power, which allows absorption of 50% magic for 60 seconds.
I will suggest that playing as a dedicated mage you make use of Impact from the Destruction perk tree. It allows you to stagger enemies with a dual-cast destruction spell and having watched my girlfriend use that technique she can finish most enemies off without being touched. Makes my sword/heavy armour dude look like the blunt instrument he is - hitting things until it or he dies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:58 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Without trying to turn this forum into a chat room, I wondered if any of you are part of the Skyrim community and chat in-game? I have recently arrived in Riften and already want to kill half the citizens!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:42 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

mattobin wrote:
Without trying to turn this forum into a chat room, I wondered if any of you are part of the Skyrim community and chat in-game? I have recently arrived in Riften and already want to kill half the citizens!

Chat in-game? That a PC feature? I've not seen anything of the sort whilst playing on the 360. I'm not part of any Skyrim community either, namely because I can't partake of any of the fun stuff a community would put out - such as the My Little Pony dragon mods etc - due to the aforementioned playing on 360.

As to Riften, my stealthy thief-assassin Bosmer loves it there; his main house is Honeyside in Riften, plus the Guild being there helps immensely with fencing piles of stolen loot.

Post subject: Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (2011) Discussion
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:39 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Greatest game ever! That is all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:01 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

My computer crashes alot (I can't help it, there are so many wonderful mods that I want.) when I play it but I still absolutely love it to bits.
My Hybdrid Wood Elf has only started his journey and I can only look forward to what happens next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:50 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Anybody got a Kinect and making use of it with the new update?
I've not really been fussed about the Microsoft peripheral up to now, but the thought of being able to actually yell Fus Ro Dah and have it happen in game is mighty tempting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:08 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I don't have it either and the idea of my missus walking past me as I yell a Fus-Ro-Dah across the lounge would probably decrease my chances of rumpy pumpy for the forseeable future so I'll pass on that!

I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game and still believe I have explored only half of the main storyline - I keep getting sidetracked - and tend to explore dungeons at a snail's pace preferring a shoot-em-from-afar approach (or the sissy approach if you like!).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next