Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Spawn comics
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:01 pm 
Knight

Thanked 2 times for this post.
10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

I was watching a box set of Spawn the other day and I noticed it didn't ever feature this one bounty hunter in her outfit. I forget her name but she was in the show for a brief moment I think her name was Angela or something all I know is she has red hair and she is a bounty hunter and I remember her outfit her mask or whatever it was had wings on it. Does anyone know who that is and if you do can you show me a picture just so I can make sure?

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject: Re: Spawn comics
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:06 pm 
Knight

Thanked 3 times for this post.
1,300 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yes, that would be Angela, created by Neil Gaiman in Spawn #9.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:21 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

ok and I thought she had a different name but ok I get that well since I did start this I still want it to continue I watched all of the HBO series of Spawn that I had a DVD box set of and to me it didn't really end. The last episode and the final moment in it is where Spawn say I want my humanity back and then its over. Why did it end like that was it cause of low rateings on the show or what?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:06 pm 
Merchant

2,421 total thanks.
Say thanks

God, I wanna get into Spawn so bad because he looks like a pimp. You guys know some good places where I can start from?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:20 pm 
Knight

3,296 total thanks.
Say thanks

BulletRapture wrote:
God, I wanna get into Spawn so bad because he looks like a pimp. You guys know some good places where I can start from?

Say what? Image you want a pimp badly??...
Ok...here's where you can go...

Spoiler: show

Seriously, click the image!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:18 am 
Merchant

Thanked 4 times for this post.
2,421 total thanks.
Say thanks

Ok well I did not mean a literal pimp. I meant a badass dude not this guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KoojfYd ... re=related

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:03 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

This thread got real off topic already and I am not gonna allow that to happen because no one answered my question of why Spawn the HBO series never really ended with a real ending as far as I know cause it ends with Spawn wanting his humanity back.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:11 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:
This thread got real off topic already and I am not gonna allow that to happen because no one answered my question of why Spawn the HBO series never really ended with a real ending as far as I know cause it ends with Spawn wanting his humanity back.

Nope, that's it. That is how the animated series was planned to end.

BulletRapture wrote:

Best place to start is probably just with #1 and work your way through -> spawn-image-todd-mcfarlane-t79.html.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:15 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spaced wrote:
S.H.I.E.L.D. wrote:

Nope, that's it. That is how the animated series was planned to end.

BulletRapture wrote:

Best place to start is probably just with #1 and work your way through -> spawn-image-todd-mcfarlane-t79.html.

Really like that? To be honest I don't like that ending cause in the series it leaves me with so many unaswered questions.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:31 am 
Merchant

2,421 total thanks.
Say thanks

Ok thanks Spaced. And SHIELD sorry if I took it off topic but I kinda do that a lot. Almost as much as Ankit says that whole Welcome thing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:56 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well the whole off topicness of Spawn came when stuff like pimps was talked about. And you know speaking of Spawn I read on wikipedia this:
Quote:
A sequel, tentatively titled simply Spawn 2, has been in development hell since 1998. [5] [6][7] Michael Jai White confirmed himself to be a part of the project in 2001, as did producer Don Murphy,[8][9] though their current involvement has not been confirmed. McFarlane has stated that the film will be primarily centered around the detective characters Sam and Twitch, leaving Spawn without a speaking part.[6][7] During a FanboyRadio.com interview, Todd McFarlane confirmed that the sequel is a franchise reboot - not a direct sequel - similar to Batman Begins and both the 2004 version of The Punisher and 2008's Punisher: War Zone.[10] In 2007 plans were made for Todd McFarlane Funding to make a new Spawn movie, scheduled for release in 2008.[11] The movie may simply be called Spawn, according to Home Media Magazine. Instead of a dark gritty approach, the film will focus more on the fantasy element of Spawn.[12] While a guest on the Scott Ferrall show on Sirius radio, a caller asked if he had any plans to do the sequel. He said "It's coming out no matter what. Even if I have to produce, direct and finance it myself, it's going to come out."

In an article on Gamepro, McFarlane will direct the new movie, with the success of Iron Man and The Dark Knight there’s been renewed interest in another Spawn film.

ITs about Spawn 2 it seems like Spawn won't have many talking parts cause it said to have more of a focus on the detectives Sam And Twitch. But its also said in the article its not a sequel its a franchise reboot so pretty much its saying starting the whole Spawn movie franchise over again.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:46 pm 
Knight

730 total thanks.
Say thanks

Back a few years ago you might remember that the Super Bowl was in Houston, TX. It was the year that Janet Jackson has her "wardrobe malfunction." Well the Super Bowl brings famous people from all over to the event for one reason or another. One such person was Mr. Todd McFarlane who was promoting a series of toys he designed for the NFL (American Football) of several players. He was eating at the Houston Downtown Hilton of which a very good friend of mine, Jay, (and also an avid comic fan) is the wine steward. He recognized him immediately. He asked if it would be ok for him to bring a statue of Ash from Evil Dead that McFarlane had designed that he bought for his brother a couple of years back for his birthday and have it signed. Todd said ok and the following day Jay brought the statue to a kind older man who was Todd's father. The night AFTER that Todd was back in the restaurant and brought back the statue signed. He and Jay began talking and Todd told him that he was in discussions with the movie studios about a second Spawn movie. He was writing some first draft storyboards. He said it was going to get a much smaller budget so he was going to focus less on the flash and effects and concentrate on a much darker, psychological thriller. Something MUCH closer to the original comic. He wasn't sure when or if it would ever see daylight but mentioned that if necessary he would help back it financially. So, we knew about a second Spawn movie from the source himself several years back!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:00 am 
Merchant

2,421 total thanks.
Say thanks

Cool story. Wish more new mems were like u

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:27 am 
Knight

730 total thanks.
Say thanks

BulletRapture wrote:
Cool story. Wish more new mems were like u

Wow, thanks! I hope to be around here for a long time 8)

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:32 am 
Squire

5 total thanks.
Say thanks

I hadn't read this book in years. Maybe a decade. Started picking it up with #166 because David Hine was writing, and his run was bad-ass. And then ...