Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rebirth: Second Wave is Coming!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:02 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
955 total thanks.
Say thanks

This is the first official announcement that there will be a second wave of Rebirth titles coming your way starting February 2017. This one is probably the leading title:

Quote:
Source: Comic Book Resources, Newsarama, Gamespot, Comics Alliance

The Atom, Vixen, The Ray, Killer Frost And Ivan Reis Join A More Diverse Justice League Of America For February

Ivan Reis has been named as the artist of the new Justice League of America title launching in February as part of DC’s second wave of “Rebirth” titles.

Reis will join Steve Orlando, spinning out of the upcoming Justice League vs. Suicide Squad event title. Justice League of America is expected to launch in February as a twice-monthly book.

In January 2017, kicking off Justice League Of America (hitting shelves twice monthly starting February 2017) are four DC Rebirth one-shots. They make four bold statements that form the foundation of a team that will bring justice to places that have given up on hope; places that thought heroism would never find them. The Justice League of America goes there! They explore the Microverse, the Hidden Cities, the worlds within worlds; they go to the other side of the map and explode forward with the new face of Heroism.

This is a Justice League that looks like America, that proves Heroism can look like ANYTHING and ANYONE.

From February 1960 to February 2017. The mission hasn’t changed. It’s just evolved.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:08 am 
Merchant

15 total thanks.
Say thanks

Interesting.
Vixen looks ... both good and bad. Always liked the character - not sure about this look, and yet it definitely has its appeal.
The Atom - lets hope this character's potential is realised here. It's been a long time since the Atom has been a major player back in the days when he was an early stable member of the Justice league. The look is obviously to match in with the TV version but still I like it.
The Ray - looking good - could be good.
Killer Frost - Killer Frost?!? I can see how she might come over from the Suicide Squad if she was involved in that. After all the last JLA was a Waller creation to, if necessary, contain the JL. Still I can't remember anything to indicate that she might fit a heroic mold - or have I missed some plotlines? In Firestorm perhaps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:49 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Batwoman solo title also confirmed for the second wave:

Quote:
Readers of the current DETECTIVE COMICS run have seen firsthand the prominent role that Kate Kane, a.k.a. Batwoman, plays in training Spoiler, Orphan, Clayface, Red Robin and even Nightwing—the next generation of Gotham City’s protectors. This February, Marguerite Bennett (DC COMICS BOMBSHELLS, BATGIRL, EARTH 2: WORLD’S END) will be writing the new adventures of the heroine in an ongoing monthly series scheduled to debut in February 2017, with art by Steve Epting – his first work for DC in more than fifteen years. As part of the next wave of REBIRTH titles, the February title will be a REBIRTH-themed one-shot, with a new issue #1 to follow in March.

“Batwoman is yet another example of the character depth, richness and diversity present in Gotham City,” said Batman Group Editor Mark Doyle. “Fans have really responded to her role in DETECTIVE COMICS, and we all love Kate here in the Bat-office, so that made it an easy choice to return her to a solo series.”

As a preface to her new solo adventures, Bennett will join James Tynion IV on “Batwoman Begins,” a two-issue story arc in DETECTIVE COMICS. Following the Night of the Monster Men, Batwoman and Batman discover that the venom from the defeated monsters’ corpses is being sold as a bioweapon. After Batwoman comes face to face with the villain responsible, Batman gives Batwoman a mission that takes her around the world, creating the backdrop for her new solo series in February, whose first story arc will also be co-written by Bennett and Tynion IV.

“There has never been a heroine I have loved more than Batwoman,” said Bennett. “Her flaws, her ferocity, her struggle to rise above her own history and find a way to serve the greater good and those she loves—she’s always cut me straight to the bone. To be a queer woman and to see a queer woman as not just a part but a pillar of the Bat-family was life changing, inspiring and gave me the courage to pursue this career in comics. The opportunity to add to Kate Kane’s story and legacy is both an honor and a sincere dream come true.”

“I am very excited for the opportunity to work on Batwoman,” said Epting. “I love the character design and how she fits into the whole Batman mythos, and I’m looking forward to the artistic opportunities the story will provide. Batwoman has a rich visual history and I’m thrilled to be a part of it!”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:01 pm 
Knight

955 total thanks.
Say thanks

Yes! This is the third title that was confirmed for the 2nd wave of Rebirth titles after the JLA and the Supersons.