Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: And the New Ultimate Spider-man is... [spoilers]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:20 am 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Baldini wrote:
Raziel wrote:
I don't like this for a couple of reasons.

: Peter just died
:Why a new Spider-Man, why not a Spider-themed person, like an Ultimate Arana or Tarantula?
:While I appreciate their "need" for more socially diverse characters, that is their only reason for Spidey being black/mexican just like the new Power Man.
:And until he gets that black and red suit he looks like Kick-Ass.

That's my biggest issue with this, why a new Spiderman? Spiderman was Spiderman because of not only what happened to Peter (spider bite), but also who he is. That's what made the character resonate with people, making it popular. Throwing anybody else into it is doomed to fail. I feel much the same way about Batman. While I love Dick Grayson as Nightwing, he's not Batman. Batman was born from the tragedy that happened to Bruce Wayne and his own personality make up.

Agreed. This is the main issue with me. I like the character- but Spider-Man IS Parker... not the costume or the powers, etc.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:27 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Just got done reading the first issue, really like the slow approach that Bendis is taking kinda reminds me of what he did on the first volume of USM where we didn't see Peter In costume until the sixth issue. From what I can tell of Miles so far is that he's shy and introverted. Loved the first part with the flashback of Osborn, I enjoyed it and am excited for the future possibilities of this series especially the developments between Miles and his uncle, looking forward to the next issue. My only complaint would be that it felt really short.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:30 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

So would you guys say that the new series is definitely worth looking into? I was huge USM nerds and was ticked the hell off when they killed of Parker, but do you think this new series could live up to the greatness of the one that was written prior?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:48 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

To early to tell, but I liked the first issue, and Bendis has been solid on USM since its birth
so I don't feel that he'll steer it wrong, I have high hope's for this series and I know that it has alot of detractors so Im hoping that Bendis will prove them wrong. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:46 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I thought the first issue was pretty decent, and worth picking up.
I don't mind the change-up too much. The things that bug me about it are what seem to bug a lot of people about it. Nothing to do with race, or some short-sighted viewpoint. It's just that they killed off my favorite character and replaced the hero entirely. I'd be mad if it were anyone other than Peter Parker. I'll get over it, I'll read it, and I'll in the long run probably enjoy it.
Which is similar to why people were mad when Dick, Az, or anyone else would replace Bruce Wayne as Batman, because Batman is Bruce Wayne. Or Bucky as Cap, and etc... It's not just another identity, to me. It's who the character is. Or even when Ben Reilly came about and was "the real Spider-man" and took over as him, as Spider-Man, not Scarlet Spider.
I think they should have made Miles into an Ultimate Scarlet Spider or something. That'd of been really neat to me. But, it's not up to me. And I'll get over it, like I said. Peter or not, I'm glad there's still a Spider-man around to some degree. :spider:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:17 pm 
Knight

283 total thanks.
Say thanks

Oi oi oi, did you read the Fanmails at the end?

Uff, may be they were just hardcore boneheadnerds, but i dont think so.

Seems as if the fans dont like the death of the icon in any way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:24 pm 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

It was a good issue, although I don't think the new Spider-Man will ever been as good as Peter. Also, why did he turn totally invisible? I could accept him turning invisible bewcause of "spider powers" but why would his clothing go invisible too? Overall, I don't think I'll like the new USM as much as the old one, but it isn't bad.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:00 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

Lex Talionis wrote:
most types of spiders can blend with the environment,except most spiders don't have that little thing called "clothes" to worry about.

also Camouflage ≠ Invisibility.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:23 am 
Knight

1,930 total thanks.
Say thanks

Lex Talionis wrote:
Lex Talionis wrote:
most types of spiders can blend with the environment,except most spiders don't have that little thing called "clothes" to worry about.

also Camouflage ≠ Invisibility.

:oops:

I forgot you had posted something similar. I had just read the issue, and the whole invisible thing came to mind as I was posting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:51 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I hope they play with the idea of some of the super hero community and city not really liking Miles for evoking the image of their fallen Hero, it would kind of be similar too how Peter was hated during his early years as SM, but for a different reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:34 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spiderman's death was glorious, ultimate spiderman was the only serie preventing the ultimate universe from falling appart. Now we have a random guy posing as spiderman...
They should have ended this universe with his death...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:18 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Some uncolored pages from issue # 3...I love Pichelli's work

Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:25 am 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

moufoo wrote:
Spiderman's death was glorious, ultimate spiderman was the only serie preventing the ultimate universe from falling appart. Now we have a random guy posing as spiderman...

lets face it: the major reason why the imprint stuck around for so long is because of Ultimate Peter Parker,much like Miguel O'Hara of 2099 and Mayday Parker of MC2.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:27 pm 
Knight

283 total thanks.
Say thanks

Lex Talionis wrote:
moufoo wrote:

lets face it: the major reason why the imprint stuck around for so long is because of Ultimate Peter Parker,much like Miguel O'Hara of 2099 and Mayday Parker of MC2.

Do we know the sellingnumbers of the Ultimate-titles,mate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:09 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Only numbers available from the reboot books so far are these:

Ultimate Comics Ultimates #1 - 47,630 copies

Ultimate Comics Hawkeye #1 - 30,469 copies

Marvel have also released a typically hyperbole filled press release over the success of the digital sales for the new USM #1, but include no actual numbers:

Marvel Press Release wrote:
This week, the world met Miles Morales in the pages of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 – and loved it!! And as a result of Miles’ worldwide attention, fans new and old flocked to the Marvel Comics app for iOS devices, resulting in the best first day of sales for a new release to date! The relaunch of Ultimate Comics, the genre-defining imprint for a new generation fans, has everyone buzzing and Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 is the latest salvo to set the world on fire!

Profile WWW  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next