Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Wonder Woman Vol.3 Beauty and the Beasts
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:59 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
696 total thanks.
Say thanks

This is the trade paperback that covers George Perez's run of Wonder Woman, specifically issues 15-19. It also covers Action Comics #600 which is the romance scene between WW and Superman (then a John Byrne project) that got interrupted when Darkseid took over Mt. Olympus. The featured villains are a sonic screaming Silver Swan and an enchanting Circe. This is supposed to be the first meeting between post-Crises WW and Circe.

Overall it was pretty good. The George Perez art is every bit as awesome as legends say. The pages were the old fashioned, almost newspaper quality. But on the other hand they don't write them like they used to, and it took me almost two nights to finish reading it all. (which is rare for today's comics) So you get a lot of action packed between the two covers. Full color, plus cover gallery. 168 pages.

I would get it if you want to see the famous post-Crises "date" wherein Supes and WW kiss on the cover of Action. Or if you are a Greek Mythology fan, as the whole Circe storyline is packed with Greek Myth references. The Silver Swan arc is a good one if you want to see WW in "rookie action" before she became the highly seasoned heroine she is today.

Code:
http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/comics/?cm=4185

Due to it's age, you can likely find a used copy at your local comic book store that'll be a bit more economically priced then the $20 cover price.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject: Re: Wonder Woman Vol.3 Beauty and the Beasts
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:30 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

I've been meaning to read some old WW stories for a while,this should make a good start. :-)

Post subject: Re: Wonder Woman Vol.3 Beauty and the Beasts
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:36 pm 
Knight

696 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well, volumes 1 and 2 of the George Perez run are out also. I just hadn't read either recently enough to do a decent enough review. But they were pretty good. Of course, I'm a big George Perez fan after reading those WW books. :ww: