All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hulk
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:07 pm 
Squire

Thanked 3 times for this post.
46 total thanks.
Say thanks

Hi,

I started reading Planet Hulk but I noticed that in the first fantastic 4 prequel the Hulk was intelligent and Banner was in control of him. I haven't red Hulk at all and i'm only familiar with the basic Hulk concept ( If Banner gets mad/hurt he turns in to the simple minded but angry Hulk and starts wrecking stuff until he calms down. You can correct me if i'm wrong.)

So my question is how did he learn to control the Hulk and how much is he in control. And how all that happened.

Thanks

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject: Re: Hulk
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:22 pm 
Squire

46 total thanks.
Say thanks

Oh and whats the deal with the different color Hulks.... is that related... I know that Rulk comes later but what about the other colors?

Post subject: Re: Hulk
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:33 pm 
Squire

46 total thanks.
Say thanks

And can he change back to human?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:55 am 
Knight

Thanked 4 times for this post.
1,396 total thanks.
Say thanks

Banner was in control of a Hulk form prior to his exile from Earth, he used Yoga to control his emotions and transformation. Originally he was Gray and turned at night then he became green and anger and stress was the main trigger. The Gray Hulk was brought back as his Mr.Fix-It. Red Hulk's identity is still up in the air, he has turned back into his human form once and Domino saw him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:46 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
42 total thanks.
Say thanks

The Hulk/Banner thing changes I think as the character gets tired.
Originally Gray, has most of Banners intelligence (Hulk #1)
Hulk #2, 3 Green Mindless and rick is in control
#4 Banner now has to use a gamma device to change himself, meaner than Bruce but almost as smart
After Hulk #6 he was used mostly as a villian, meaner clearly not the genius Banner was.

Tales to Astonish #60 Bruce now changes to the Hulk in times of stress and changes back in times of stress. Not as smart.
Got dumber through the run of the series but Hulk/TOS #100 he was in his HULK WILL SMASH persona.

Hulk 260something? Bruce is in control, changes at will, slowly reverts back to stupid hulk. Hulk #300 no banner Hulk didn't speak (that didn't last long). Back to Hulk will smash.

John Byrne Run the hulk physically separated from Banner. Hulk can't speak, Banner can't walk.

Peter David Run (ish number please?) Cured but then uncured himself, it turned him Gray, mean, and only changed when the sun went down again.

Doc Sampson diagnosed Banner with Multiple Personality disorder and integrated all the personalities into a Banner-controlled Hulk (the professor).

Hardly any more mindless hulk after that. Banner is more in control of the changes, both are now aware of one and other. We see Banner less. The leader made a new Red Hulk (the Hulk with military training).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:33 am 
Marquis

Thanked 0 times for this post.
563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Good summary, but before the Professor (which it turned out was just yet another personality), he was stuck in his grey form permanently where he got a job as a Vegas (sorry, Las Vegas) bouncer which Raziel mentioned - Mr Fixit. He was smaller, presumed dead and smarter than green Hulk, but also quite a bit weaker.

Before he was shot into space, the FF were called in to stop him rampaging after he was doused in gamma radiation. Ben Grimm joked "Maybe we should blast him into space" to Reed...

And of course, now Rulk's identity was revealed as General Thaddeus Ross. And the only other 'colours' of Hulk are in the back-up mini-strips as A-Bomb is more an armadillo.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW