All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: My Friend Dahmer
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:31 am 
Squire

Thanked 5 times for this post.
32 total thanks.
Say thanks

My Friend Dahmer by Derf

I found this comic on some random blog accidentally.
The first thing that atracted me to this comic book was the cover. A very simple one, showing a face from some geeky dude, evidently in some kind of high school. In his eyes were drawn small red skulls.
So, some maniacal teenage geek, i thought. And I was right.
Firstly, I googled it so I can see what is the comic about.
I was very interested when I read that the comic tells a story about the teenage years from a serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer, from the perspective of his "friend"; the author of the comic (Derf).
So, the story is true. Even if the comic tells about a serial killer, it has no gore, and it even has a very small amount of violence.
But still, the comic gives you a feeling of discomfort and horror. We see, in the comic, how a shy and quiet boy turns into an asocial maniac. And the best thing about it, none of his "friends" and teachers give a shit about that.
You can see, in the comic, what turned Dahmer into a psychopath. I think the main reason was the lack of care and interest of the people around him, and of course, the physical and mental torture by his school colleagues.
The lack of care, and the torture that Damer will "return" to his victims when he starts to kill.
I liked the drawing style in this comic, and the main minus in it is, by my opinion, the lenght (the comic is just to short).
I highly recomend this comic.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.