Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Hell Hounds (2009)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:44 am 
Knight

Thanked 5 times for this post.
696 total thanks.
Say thanks

Hell Hounds starring Scott Elrod, Amanda Brooks, and James A. Woods. Directed by Rick(y) Schroder.

This movie is not any more (or less) exciting then an extended episode of Hercules: The Legendary Journeys. The f/x were certainly of the same cgi variety. The acting was adequate (in some cases even good).
The story is about a Greek warrior (though they never actually mentioned where in Greece or even if they were, in fact, Greek) who travels to the underworld realm of Hades to save his wife. Accompanied by a few friends, and aided by a magic potion given to him by the friendly neighborhood Seer. If the Hell Hounds were supposed to be scary they missed their mark.
I would not recommend this movie to anyone who was not a fan of Hercules the TV series (with Kevin Sorbo). Or, otherwise enchanted with Greek mythology. And then only if you wanted to see fresh faces on recycled sets. Everything about the movie screamed mediocrity.
But, Charlie, wasn't the movie supposed to be made for TV?
So what?? My standards don't change and I have seen some very good made for TV movies (like Riverwold, 2010, with Peter Wingfield and Jeananne Goosen.)

I'd give it two stars. Check it out.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.