Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: WWE Ratings, Oh Dear...
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:39 am 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

WOW! Last week's RAW has certainly turned into a major feck up as far a ratings are concerned.

RAW May 25 = 3.2

NBA May 25 = 6.9

Previous RAW ratings for 2009:

- January 5: 3.4
- January 12: 3.5
- January 19: 3.9
- January 26: 3.6
- February 2: 3.6
- February 9: 3.4
- February 16: 4.1
- February 23: 4.1
- March 2: 3.8
- March 9: 3.7
- March 16: 3.6
- March 23: 3.5
- March 30: 3.6
- April 6: 3.9
- April 13: 3.7
- April 20: 3.7
- April 27: 3.4
- May 4: 3.3
- May 11: 3.3
- May 18: 3.6

So Vince's anti-Nuggets ego trip pulled in the worst RAW ratings for 2009. When will he EVER get a fecking clue that his ego does not equal ratings...

Profile WWW  

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:15 am 
Knight

3,296 total thanks.
Say thanks

:shrug: u still watch RAW WWE wrestling?!? :shock: C'mon, isn't that's like watching soaps...we all know it's all just an act...nevermind... >_>

Ultimate Fecking Championships...now, that's the "real" deal... well...at least for now..

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:30 am 
Knight

101 total thanks.
Say thanks

Eh, don't be so quick to judge wrestling. I think guys like Brock Lesnar and more recently Bobby Lashley have shown that there are plently of wrestlers tough enough to do MMA.
Lashley made "That Legit Shoot-wrestler" guy he faced look like a total bitch. Maybe that guy can now get a job cleaning hotel rooms.
UFC and WWE are two differen entities completely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:23 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Wow well I guess it really and truely is getting less interesting if its getting low rateings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:08 pm 
Knight

101 total thanks.
Say thanks

Going from a 3.6 to a 3.2 isn't a huge plunge, although it is a significant one. I doubt whether the NBA playoffs had anything at all to do with it. The playoffs were on one of the three major networks. (ABC? I really don't know cause I have no interest in watching Basketball. Playing basketball, well that's good exercise. But watching is merely an exercise in boredom.)
It is apples and oranges to compare the ratings for "network television" and 'Cable television". In fact, cable ratings may be lower, but that's with the understanding that the majority who watch network programming are too poor to afford cable. So it's just as likely that they'd be watching paint dry on ABC as it is watch professional exercise playoff games.
Take the numbers of this weeks RAW and you'll no doubt find that it was still the Most Watched Program In All Of Cable TV. Correct me if I'm wrong. When I get bored enough to care I'll compare some NBA statistics to other network programs. I'd be willing to bet American Idol stomped the proverbial mudhole in the collective 'ARSE' of the NBA. That would further demonstrate my statement that Network viewers will tune in for anything no matter how dumb.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:16 pm 
Duke

3,439 total thanks.
Say thanks

piercetapes wrote:
Eh, don't be so quick to judge wrestling. I think guys like Brock Lesnar and more recently Bobby Lashley have shown that there are plently of wrestlers tough enough to do MMA.
Lashley made "That Legit Shoot-wrestler" guy he faced look like a total bitch. Maybe that guy can now get a job cleaning hotel rooms.
UFC and WWE are two differen entities completely.

You are correct, but that doesn't prove Stiff wrong... while I'm sure that there are plenty of capable fighters in the WWE, what they do for a living doesn't attest to that because ultimately, it is fake, isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:13 pm 
Knight

101 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well fake is a misnomer. Choreographed, sure. Over half of the Japanese 'shoot' promotions in the 1990s were as well. (POINT OF REFERENCE : UWFI).
The fact is WWE and pro wrestling in general is the way it is today because it is more interesting. In 1998 they (WWE) promoted real fights on Monday Night Raw in the form of "The Brawl For All" series and it was something of a bomb. I just think all of you UFC/MMA fans are like the guy Bobby Lashley punked. You'd be in for a Major rude awakening if you were better informed.
Take basketball player Dennis Rodman. I bet it was easier for him to prance up and down a basketball court like some kinda sissy than it ever was learning to bump.
But ultimately, like Network TV ratings vs Cable TV ratings, WWE and UFC are two different things. Apples and oranges. In my opinion they are the two coolest "sporting events" on TV. I like 'em both, I just tend to find wrestling more entertaining.
As for the soap opera aspect, there aren't many cheesier programs than The Ultimate Fighter. Those guys oughta be fitted for prom dresses cause there are some major drama queens on the show. You don't think any of that shit is dramatized to get viewers interested?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:24 am 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Kayfabe died about 15 years ago. Everyone knows wrestling is no more real than virtually every other show on TV - the words are scripted & the action is choreographed.

I just can't understand why folk still can't get past the "you know it's fake, right?" comments.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 5:56 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Thank you spaced for sayin that cuz yea we know its fake but it entertains and its so much fun to get really into

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 8:00 am 
Knight

101 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well fake isn't correct terminology. It is scripted and choreographed but hardly fake.
These guys put themselves through the ringer night after night. I don't like the term "fake" because it implies a lack of respect and understanding for what these guys do. I'll bitch and moan all day about how wrestling was better in the "good ol' days" but I'll never slight these guys for getting out there and performing under many times outrageous circumstances. When they get hurt it's as real as when anyone else gets hurt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:45 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

I know what you are trying to say like its not as fake as some people think cause wrestlers do put there body through alot of pain and if one mistake is made then they hurt themselves even more. And some Wrestlers take risks to give the crowd a very good and entertaining match.