Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Don't Make fun of Lashley!!
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:10 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Quote:
Don't make fun of Bobby Lashley and his pro wrestling background. The former WWE star said he was incensed by the fact that his opponent Mike Cook came to the cage in a lucha libre mask a la Nacho Libre.

Lashley is generally a polite, sportsman but he refused to touch gloves with Cook. He charged Cook in the opening seconds and missed with a huge right. Cook made the mistake of dropping his head. Lashley, a big MMA heavyweight at 6-foot-3, 249 pounds, grabbed onto Cook's head with his left arm. From there, he used his bulk to lean on Cook and it took just a few seconds for Cook to wilt under Lashley's weight. Lashley flattened out Cook (7-4) and re-positioned his right arm to cinch on a choke. Cook's legs could be seen quivering and referee John McCarthy had to step in to stop the fight. All that in just 24 seconds (VIDEO).

"I’m here for business," said Lashley (3-0). "I’m here and everyone wants to and tries to make fun of the wrestling thing. I’m real. If they want to play around, I’ll knock them out or choke them out. And that’s what I did. I choked him out and made him pay. Now he can go put the mask back on and have fun with himself."

Lashley, making the conversion from the fake stuff with Vince McMahon, started training mixed martial arts last year. He won his first fight in 41 seconds when Joshua Franklin couldn't continue after a Lashley elbow busted him open. His last time out in March, Lashley won a decision against veteran Jason Guida.

Lashley needed to get through this fight unscathed because he has a stiff test against freakazoid Bob Sapp (pictured below on the right) right around the corner. Sapp, a former NFL player, NCAA All-American at Washington and a huge crossover star in Japan, is 6-4, 345. He doesn't have much stamina but he is dangerous for about 4-5 minutes. Sapp (10-3-1) and Lashley will meet on June 27 in Biloxi, Miss.

Mike Cook not really smart to be paradeing around like he was a wrestler before the fight started . I mean yes Lashley is a former WWE wrestler but he is still a fighter and is very athletic and as said in the article he was taken out in 24 secs. Cook may have lasted longer if he didn't tick Lashley off cause as also said in the article Lashley is really polite guy and we just saw the unpolite Lashley beat Cook cause he didn't touch gloves with Cook when the match was starting.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:44 pm 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:23 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

Thats a nice video but it didn't show Mike Cook coming to the ring in a Nacho Libre mask that made Lashley ticked off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:04 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Here's all the pre-fight stuff:

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:18 pm 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

You know I am not knowledable on terms of lucha libre but he looked more like he was paradeing around as Rey Mysterio cause of the style of mask he was wearing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:35 pm 
Knight

439 total thanks.
Say thanks

I saw the fight on TV and after Lashley choked him out in like 20 seconds he told the guy now he can go in the back with his mask and play with himself. It was great. Hes a very smart and humble person, so its really disrespectful to try and make fun of him. Of course some guys need do to that stuff to pump them up for a fight so who knows if he was really trying to piss him off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:22 pm 
Knight

101 total thanks.
Say thanks

Wow, that was beyond awesome!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:49 am 
Knight

10,322 total thanks.
Say thanks

dazzo83 wrote:
I saw the fight on TV and after Lashley choked him out in like 20 seconds he told the guy now he can go in the back with his mask and play with himself. It was great. Hes a very smart and humble person, so its really disrespectful to try and make fun of him. Of course some guys need do to that stuff to pump them up for a fight so who knows if he was really trying to piss him off.

Well whatever he was trying to do it made him lose in the end.