Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Marvels Agent Carter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:39 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Just to add to the seeming overload of Marvel content in the last few days, they have revealed the first TV spot for Agent Carter starring Hayley Atwell back in the title role:

Along with a plot reveal:

Quote:
ABC presents its second action packed series from the creative minds at Marvel in “Marvel’s Agent Carter,” inspired by the feature films Marvel’s "Captain America: The First Avenger" and Marvel’s "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," along with the short "Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter."

Years before Agent Coulson and his S.H.I.E.L.D. team swore to protect those who cannot protect themselves from threats they cannot conceive, there was Agent Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell, Marvel's "Captain America: The First Avenger," Marvel's "Captain America: The Winter Soldier"), who pledged the same oath but lived in a different time when women weren’t recognized as being as smart or as tough as their male counterparts.

But no one should ever underestimate Peggy.

It's 1946 and peace has dealt Peggy a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy finds herself stuck doing administrative work when she would rather be back out in the field; putting her vast skills into play and taking down the bad guys. But she is also trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life, Steve Rogers – aka Captain America.

When old acquaintance Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper, Marvel's "Captain America: The First Avenger”) finds himself being framed for unleashing his deadliest weapons to anyone willing to pony up the cash, he contacts Peggy - the only person he can trust - to track down those responsible, dispose of the weapons and clear his name. He empowers his butler, Edwin Jarvis (James D'Arcy, “Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World”), to be at her beck and call when needed to help assist her as she investigates and tracks down those responsible for releasing these weapons of mass destruction. But Jarvis, who is a creature of habit and sticks to a rigid daily routine, is going to have to make some major life changes if he’s going to be able to keep up with Peggy.

If caught going on these secret missions for Stark, Peggy could be targeted as a traitor and spend the rest of her days in prison – or worse. And as she delves deeper into her investigation, she may find that those she works for are not who they seem, and she might even begin to question whether Stark is as innocent as he claims.

So there you go.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:29 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

They need to seriously drop the use of "Marvel's" in front of every damn thing in these press releases. Do the still have so little confidence in viewer association?

So it sounds like a "weapon of the week" instead of a "monster of the week" show. They're going to have to go at a fair lick to fit in enough of the conspiracy storyline to make it interesting given that it's only 8 episodes.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Agent Carter
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:10 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

So folks, what day's reckon to the new show, is it a worthy slot filler for Agent's of Shield or just a good show in it's own right?

Personally I really enjoyed it and loved the old style serial feel that it had. A really good cast and a pretty good storyline to set things up and carry an overall arc for the show to follow. I was so glad there were two episodes as I couldn't wait to watch the next ep. Hopefully this will continue to grow. Carter may not be a superhero as such, but almost came across that way. It may be small screen, but I think we have the first strong comic book female lead from Marvel.

(Thanks for linking this to the previous thread)

Post subject: Re: Agent Carter
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:27 am 
Squire

42 total thanks.
Say thanks

mrpinktoo wrote:
So folks, what day's reckon to the new show, is it a worthy slot filler for Agent's of Shield or just a good show in it's own right?

I have to say.... well done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:52 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

One of my favorite shows the cancelation was too soon way too soon :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:38 am 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm almost finishing the chapter and I'm enjoying it, I can not believe it was canceled.