Post subject: Superman vs Dr Manhattan minseries in November 2017
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:16 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
955 total thanks.
Say thanks

Breaking News everyone. Bleeding cool reports this:

Quote:
Details are coming out about the new Doomsday Clock mini-series project from Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.

This is going to bring the Rebirth Special #1 and the Button story from Batman #21-22 / Flash #21-22 full circle.

This is the entrance of the Watchman into the DC Universe or rather the Watchmen colliding with the DC universe.

It’s a standalone story with no crossovers or one-shots attached.

Many heroes will appear, but a lot of the focus is on Superman and Dr. Manhattan. Hence the title combining elements of both series.

The folks seems to be trying to see if the hope brought to the DC universe with Rebirth can survive the grime from the Watchman universe.

More details:
Quote:
Here’s the DC Press Release;

In the most anticipated story of the year, New York Times bestselling writer Geoff Johns confirms Watchmen will make an epic return to the DC Universe this November. As “The Button” crossover comes to a close in FLASH #22 this Wednesday, the four page epilogue affirms the mystery will continue with DOOMSDAY CLOCK from Johns and legendary artists Gary Frank and Brad Anderson.

“It’s time. Last year, the DC Universe confronted the legacy of Watchmen in Rebirth the way Watchmen confronted the legacy of superhero comics three decades ago,” explains writer Geoff Johns. “Thematically, and metaphorically, there was no better choice than to use Dr. Manhattan. If you’re going to have a conflict between optimism and pessimism, a battle between the very forces of hope and despair, you need to have someone who personifies the cynicism that has leaked into our hearts and also has the ability to affect the entire DCU. It’s all paying off this November with DOOMSDAY CLOCK.”

“DOOMSDAY CLOCK is a story for fans who love the DC Universe and Watchmen and want to see what a master of this genre creates when he puts them together,” says Frank. “As for my artistic approach to the series, each panel is extremely detailed and I am constantly thinking through the position of every single element.”

Well, how is that for an announcement to break late on a Sunday night? Doomsday Clock is coming, and according to Geoff Johns, it will mainly focus on two people: Superman and Doctor Manhattan. Since Rebirth launched, Superman has been the standout character. He has been reinserted as the focal point of the DC Universe, and it has been amazing. As a long-time fan, a hopeful and good Superman is all we have wanted for years now. The return of hope and light to the DC Universe has been welcomed with open arms by this Superman fan, specifically his self-titled series by Peter Tomasi and Patrick Gleason.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:54 am 
Merchant

15 total thanks.
Say thanks

Very interesting. As it says, we have all been expecting the collision of Watchmen and DC but this description of Superman vs Dr Manhattan, hope vs despair, is very intriguing.

The last we saw of Dr Manhattan in Watchmen wasn't exactly what I would call despair though. How did it go?
"I thought you believed in life now."
"I do. I think I'll go create some."

Wait and see I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:04 pm 
Marquis

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Geoff Johns made me cry with Rebirth, so I'll tentatively look forward to this

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW