Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Astonishing X-Men 2017
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:39 am 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
345 total thanks.
Say thanks

I pretty much love this lineup. Thoughts?

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:11 am 
Merchant

15 total thanks.
Say thanks

Ok, so Wolverine is back, no surprise. Always good to see Rogue and Psylocke. Be interesting to see how Angel (Archangel?) is handled. Mystique is with them? I am SO far behind in my X-Men reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:37 pm 
Knight

345 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well, there's kind of a loophole here. This isn't "our" Wolverine, but Old Man Logan, who was foisted into the mainstream Marvel universe after Secret Wars. Also, this is Archangel. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but Angel and Archangel are now 2 separate people. Mystique is onboard after a spell cast by the Scarlet Witch was botched by Dr. Doom and turned some supervillains good(ish). She joined Magneto's previous team of X-Men, but will now be on this team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:41 am 
Merchant

15 total thanks.
Say thanks

Whoa. OK more complicated than I had realised. But of course it is. This is the X-Men after all. Thanks for the update.

(It just occurred to me that Marvel killed off one of their top characters (Wolverine) and then replaced him with a duplicate from another universe, and meanwhile DC killed off one of their top characters (Superman) and replaced him with a duplicate from another universe. Both replacements happened as a result of the giant crossovers (Secret Wars and Convergence) from last year. Huh.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:29 pm 
Knight

345 total thanks.
Say thanks

And that's not even the half of it. I just gave you the really, really condensed and over-simplified recap.

Actually, now might be a good time to jump back in. The X-Men are going through a "ResurrXion" event starting with X-Men Prime #1 which just came out. Everything is kind of going back to the feel of the early 90's, only with Kitty Pryde taking point. Should be interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:10 pm 
Merchant

15 total thanks.
Say thanks

Sounds interesting all right. Thanks for the tip.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:13 am 
Marquis

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

muzikmann wrote:
Well, there's kind of a loophole here. This isn't "our" Wolverine, but Old Man Logan, who was foisted into the mainstream Marvel universe after Secret Wars. Also, this is Archangel. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but Angel and Archangel are now 2 separate people. Mystique is onboard after a spell cast by the Scarlet Witch was botched by Dr. Doom and turned some supervillains good(ish). She joined Magneto's previous team of X-Men, but will now be on this team.

Archangel's return happened in the "missing" 8 months between Secret Wars and Marvel Big All-New Now Then (or whatever - the last round of #1s), and was not really explained in Uncanny X-Men, the book he spent most of his time.

Mystique went back to normal after the Axis event, Sabretooth is the only one who didn't. However, Psylocke did some kind of whammy on Mystique in Uncanny, and has made her less crazy, but apparently left her as evil as she ever was?

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:09 pm 
Knight

345 total thanks.
Say thanks

acelister wrote:
Mystique went back to normal after the Axis event, Sabretooth is the only one who didn't. However, Psylocke did some kind of whammy on Mystique in Uncanny, and has made her less crazy, but apparently left her as evil as she ever was?

Now that you mention it, I remember that fight between Mystique and Psylocke. Thanks for the update.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:04 am 
Marquis

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

muzikmann wrote:
acelister wrote:

Now that you mention it, I remember that fight between Mystique and Psylocke. Thanks for the update.

I had literally read that issue 2 days before I posted, so my memory was fresher. ;)

I'm still annoyed that she was resurrected by The Hand, despite her 'death' being very ambiguous... Wolverine stabbed her and left her to bleed out in the middle of a desert - that's half a step above someone being stabbed and falling into a river...

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW