All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Batman and Flash in a major crossover in April
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:32 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
955 total thanks.
Say thanks

Breaking News from comicvine.

The Dark Knight and the Fastest Man Alive are exploring the connection that altered the entire DC Universe.

Last May, the DC Universe went through a "Rebirth." The publisher made some changes and brought back classic elements to characters. The release of the 80-page DC Universe: Rebirth issue delivered a lot of developments, and some questions are still unanswered. One of the mysteries we saw was the revelation that someone from outside the universe was responsible for the changes that occurred back in 2011. Batman discovered a button embedded in the wall of the Batcave--one that is familiar to anyone who's read Watchmen.

In April, Batman and the Flash are going to investigate the significance of this button.

The Button" takes place in a four-part story arc spanning issues #21 and #22 of both Batman and The Flash. The Batman issues are by Tom King and Jason Fabok, and the Flash issues are by Joshua Williamson and Howard Porter. Each issue is priced at $2.99. They will also be available with special lenticular covers for $3.99 each.

DC's two greatest detectives will attempt to solve the mystery of the blood-stained smiley face button. All signs point to Watchmen's Dr. Manhattan being responsible. DC has stated the secrets of the button will "prove irresistible to an unwelcome third party--and it's not who anyone suspects."

The mystery will begin to unravel on April 19.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:56 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

About time!!

Glad I don't have to buy any extra titles or pay more for this crossover too

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:49 pm 
Knight

1,300 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm not a Howard Porter fan and disapprove of DC's ongoing exploitation of Watchmen, so will likely give this a miss.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:08 pm 
Knight

955 total thanks.
Say thanks

Lee Kirby Oswald wrote:
I'm not a Howard Porter fan and disapprove of DC's ongoing exploitation of Watchmen, so will likely give this a miss.

But, you just can not dare miss those gorgeous covers!!! :bat: :flash:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:22 pm 
Knight

955 total thanks.
Say thanks

Get a look at Jason Fabok‘s Flash #21 cover, complete with Reverse Flash racing for the button…

And because there’s a Watchmen button on the cover of that as well, there has to be a nonlenticular international version of the cover, so as not to fall foul of registered European trademarks for the smiley face image, which is public domain in the US. Both international versions will be by Mikel Janin and will not feature the smiley face.

And while previously the non-lenticular versions of Batman #21, 22, Flash #21 and 22 also had to be ordered way in advance, DC Comics have now told retailers they can be ordered closer to the shipping date…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:45 pm 
Knight

955 total thanks.
Say thanks

Tom King teases Batman #21, part iof The Button story plotted by Geoff Johns and drawn by Jason Fabok, seeing Batman and the Flash investigate the blood-stained smiley face button found in the Batcave back in DC Rebirth Special #1.

Coming in Batman 21. Art by Jason Fabok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:30 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

Personally I found the whole rebirth spin of bringing the Watchmen universe into the DC Universe quite exciting. The original Watchmen will always hold a special place in my heart, but happy to see the characters brought back and tied in with some of my favourite characters. I enjoyed The Button, and keen to see how this continues to unfold.