All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Justice League movie
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:30 am 
Merchant

Thanked 0 times for this post.
15 total thanks.
Say thanks

What do people think of the JL trailer?

I like it mostly. I can see Batman pulling a team together. Cyborg looks good, and I have grown used to him being in the JL over the last few years. Arthur Curry/Aquaman is TOTALLY different in appearance to the comics, and yet I think it works. Flash - did they think the Spiderman recruitment by Stark was so good they went that route? The timing is off though, the shooting had to have been done before the release of Cap A civil war and the writing well before that. It seems weird making him a young kid instead of a police scientist. Even so the trailer makes it look well done so I will reserve judgement.

No Superman in the trailer but he does appear in the promotional images. My biggest question is what they are going to do about Green Lantern? Pretty sure not in this movie and they have to get past the legacy of that GL movie a few years back (bluch) but they will have to do something about it sometime.

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:23 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

I feel uplifted by the JL trailer. I'm hoping that it isn't a case of good looking trailer, but then disjointed poor overall movie. The same problems that BvS and, to a much, much smaller degree, Suicide Squad suffered from.*

I agree, I have no idea why the decision was made to have Barry as a kid. I can only imagine that the thought was to make him identifiable with the Flash from Justice League and other animated series. However the big problem with that is that you now have a character of Wally West with Barry's name. I suppose they also wanted to separate him slightly from the TV show Flash.

Well, apart from the terrible costume, I can only hope they don't make a total mess of one of my favourite all time heroes. Still I am looking forward to the movie.

*I actually do like Suicide Squad, but think they missed a trick with the atmosphere of the movie and the characterisations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:04 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Barry is going to be a forensic scientist in the DCCU, they've already confirmed that. And at 25, I think he's old enough to get away from the Kid Flash links. And there's only 2 years between Grant Guston & Ezra Miller, so it'll be fine.

I think. :D

I'm hoping from the tone of the trailer, & comments from Geoff Johns & Ben Afflek, that the tone is going to become "lighter". I don't want comedic, I want it to have some weight, but they do need to start steering it away from Snyder's more murderous leanings. ;)

As for Bruce doing the recruiting, it does make sense, especially as he is now trying to atone for his actions in BvS.

Now for guess work (possible spoilers if you haven't seen BvS yet):

Spoiler: show
First part of the film is Bruce recruiting the other members/fighting alongside WW.

Middle of the film is the fledgling JL, sans Superman (who's, you know, dead and all). They come off worse against Steppenwolf & his forces, until the sudden return of Superman (including a mullet? If they're going Death of Superman then there better be a mullet/black suit moment!).

The final part of the film will culminate in a battle between the full JL & Steppenwolf - possibly off planet? Only speculation, but anywhere else and a fight like that will level more than one city (so we're back at MoS destruction again) but even with Superman things are looking bad - until a a Green Lantern appears (doesn't have to be Hal) and the heroes prevail.

Obviously, that's all speculation and probably won't be right in the slightest. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:38 am 
Merchant

15 total thanks.
Say thanks

Barry is 25? He doesn't look that from the trailer. Glad to hear it.

Thanks for putting that bit in a spoiler box. I haven't seen BvS yet but thought I knew what happened so I looked inside. I was wrong. (!?!) Oh well I did it to myself and I don't think it will diminish my enjoyment of the film when I finally do see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:50 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Sorry, I'm an idiot - Grant Gustin is 25, Ezra Miller is 23 ;)

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:51 am 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

dragonwing wrote:
Sorry, I'm an idiot - Grant Gustin is 25, Ezra Miller is 23 ;)

Easy mistake to make. Gustin looks the part of Barry Allen, and it's not because I've gotten used to him in the role that I say that. Though I must say he owns it well.

Problem I have with Ezra Miller is that he just looks way too young, and doesn't match up to any characterisation of the character I've ever come across. However, I prefer to reserve judgement until I've seen him play the role.