All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:46 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
955 total thanks.
Say thanks

dragonwing wrote:
That's all from Comic Book Resources Lee, from the recent ComicsPRO Annual Membership meeting, where it was presented by Geoff Johns.

The creative teams working on each title will be officially revealed at WonderCON by the way.

Exactly! Thanks. And by the way check this update:
Quote:
DC Comics has announced its initial plans for "Rebirth," and following CBR's initial interview with DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns, DC Co-Publisher Dan DiDio has made his thoughts known, via a video interview with ComicVine. Notably, DiDio teased that May's "DC Universe: Rebirth" #1 one-shot, which kicks off the "Rebirth" refresh of DC Comics' core publishing line, contains what he believes is likely the "single most controversial scene" in his 14 years at DC Comics.

"I think you'll be extraordinarily surprised and excited by what's in there," DiDio said. And it's going to have what I believe is probably the single most controversial scene in DC Comics in all the time that I've been there."

Given some of the controversial stories in DiDio's time at DC Comics -- including "Identity Crisis," "Countdown to Infinite Crisis" and the New 52 reboot -- it's a statement that will surely spark speculation.

The "DC Universe: Rebirth" one-shot, written by Geoff Johns and illustrated by artists including Ethan Van Sciver, Ivan Reis, Gary Frank and Phil Jimenez, is scheduled for release on May 25.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:28 am 
Merchant

15 total thanks.
Say thanks

Thanks for that idris.

Interesting. Johns has a history of retrobooting, restoring characters to their bronze age versions. I don't know whether to be excited or scared. Guess I'm more "here we go again".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:20 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I have read a couple Rebirth issues already at my LCS and Green Arrow, Batman and Wonder Woman were really good!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:19 am 
Knight

955 total thanks.
Say thanks

The Rebirth event appears to be commercially successful. All of the first batch of titles are up for a 2nd printing, while the main book is in its 3rd printing. Still to see if the twice a week schedule proves to be fruitful or not. And waiting for the official numbers from Diamond for June to see if the gap between DC and Marvel was reduced.