Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:09 am 
Squire

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I do enjoy Deadpool but fully acknowledge there's too much of him, particularly for people that don't like/got bored of him already.
It's nice they've made him a semi-important character in terms of story, and yet, he is rarely dealt with like other real supervillains. Every so often he's caught or something but they just break him out again.
Captain America decided he should stay locked up and he escaped shortly after, with nothing from Cap. :/ Just annoying things like that kinda make me bored of them even trying.

Post subject: Re: Deadpool General Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:17 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

So Deadpool's getting married...

Spoiler: show

Here's the cover, spoilered for size

Interview with Gerry Duggan, current writer.
Code:
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/01/exclusive-guess-which-marvel-superhero-is-getting-married-this-april/

Quote:
N: But, let’s talk about Deadpool’s wedding. Is this a big sweeps week stunt? How long have nuptials been in the cards for Deadpool?
GD: The honest answer is that it was written into a Deadpool story, but more or less as a gag, and Jordan D. White, the editor, was like a dog with a bone. He was like, “No, no, no – this is going to be a big deal.” You know, we wrote it, so it’s not like we weren’t behind it. The fun thing has been – after his misadventures, I guess you’d call them, in North Korea, in the story arc “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly,” he learned a lot about himself and why he is the way he is. He doesn’t really have too much of a life. Yes, this is a knee-jerk reaction from a wounded guy to go out there and sort of do something crazy to sort of jump start a life, but there is a real emotional reason for doing it, so I think that will be the part that will resonate. Then the actual gags of the wedding will be fun too, but there is a real grounding to it, and that’s what will make it fun to explore.
As for how long she’ll be around, I’m not 100% sure, because when you get close to Deadpool, that’s maybe when I start to think about adding you in my deadpool.

So, as the article says, who would be crazy enough to marry Deadpool?

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Deadpool General Discussion
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:54 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

acelister wrote:
So Deadpool's getting married...

Here's the cover, spoilered for size

Interview with Gerry Duggan, current writer.
Code:
http://www.nerdist.com/2014/01/exclusive-guess-which-marvel-superhero-is-getting-married-this-april/

Quote:
N: But, let’s talk about Deadpool’s wedding. Is this a big sweeps week stunt? How long have nuptials been in the cards for Deadpool?
GD: The honest answer is that it was written into a Deadpool story, but more or less as a gag, and Jordan D. White, the editor, was like a dog with a bone. He was like, “No, no, no – this is going to be a big deal.” You know, we wrote it, so it’s not like we weren’t behind it. The fun thing has been – after his misadventures, I guess you’d call them, in North Korea, in the story arc “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly,” he learned a lot about himself and why he is the way he is. He doesn’t really have too much of a life. Yes, this is a knee-jerk reaction from a wounded guy to go out there and sort of do something crazy to sort of jump start a life, but there is a real emotional reason for doing it, so I think that will be the part that will resonate. Then the actual gags of the wedding will be fun too, but there is a real grounding to it, and that’s what will make it fun to explore.
As for how long she’ll be around, I’m not 100% sure, because when you get close to Deadpool, that’s maybe when I start to think about adding you in my deadpool.

So, as the article says, who would be crazy enough to marry Deadpool?

:lol: This could be the Funniest and Best Wedding in the History of Comics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:15 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Maybe, it's about time for Wade to finally marry Death, who knows :deadpool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:34 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I've been Deadpool fan since I guess Marvel Ultimate Alliance and I enjoyed the humor and moveset of his character. If I actually start reading his stuff, will I be turned off?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:28 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

DP and I have a very similar outlook on life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:15 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I have only read the new :deadpool: series. I have wanted to read the earlier versions and series but you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:07 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

i neeeed a copy of new mutants 98 after hearing the movie news!! thats gonna be worth so much more now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:11 am 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Its not a very serious comic but it is funny. The character of Deadpool is one you can never take seriously although that doesn't mean hes not doing big things. I highly recommend the series to anyone who is new to comics.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14