All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:03 pm 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
563 total thanks.
Say thanks

crimson king wrote:
While I am enjoying this book, am I the only one who thinks Bendis makes pretty much all the characters sound the same?
All are funny-smartassy and witty.. I mean, Illyana is making jokes? about how she's a dark badass with demons in her?
Some are more confident, some smarter..but they are all witty!

To me it doesn't fit for many characters, and I think he did the same thing in Avengers after writing it for a while..
Still a fun book, but hurts it a bit IMO..

That's always Bendis' problem with team books. Everyone has an identical sense of humour - which doesn't happen in a group of 6+ people from varied upbringings.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Do not judge before reading...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:14 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I thought I was gonna hate it and I ended up liking it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:25 am 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

I'm still some issues behind, and spoiler for issue 40 which was leaked via imageboards, but I'm lost.

Spoiler: show
Kid-Iceman is gay?

Did I miss the signs, or is this as completely out of left field as it seems to be?

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: All New X-Men (2012)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:37 am 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

Spoiler: show
more like Marvel being gay for gay-monies, and the reaction from the LGBT comic-fan community was mixed at best

also adult Bobby could always say "yeah I was a teen with raging hormones like a lot of folks your age, shit happened, but I guess that could explain why I capt getting cold-shouldered all those times, pretty sure I'm into ladies, through - you're going through a phase, Mini-me, chill-out"

EDIT: so I read the comic, what exactly did past-Jean mean when she said that society is a lot more open-minded about this than it did back in their time ? are the past X-Men from the 1960's or the 2000's ? (never touched that comic before so I don't know)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:14 pm 
Knight

568 total thanks.
Say thanks

The kid X-men as far as I know are supposed to be from the 60s era comic book where they were formed to fight Magneto and Iceman was more Snowman. However due to the weird way that time moves in comic books you can't really put a definitive era on them as it would mean that their adult counterparts are all now in their mid 50s or closer to 60 years old.

Saying that though with all the developments in the comic book I'm more inclined to think the X-kids are actually from an alternate past and not directly linked to the present day X-men.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:17 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

a theory I've heard is that because *Super-Scientists like Hank Pym, Reed Richards, Bruce Banner, Tony Stark and Hank McCoy are more common than in our world, technology and society got modernized much faster

*noun, a type of scientist who focuses on inventing shrink-rays and/or discovering parallel dimensions (from Venture Bros.)

and I think it's very likely that they are from a universe that is similer to 616, difference being that the X-Men of that world were transported to 616, rubbing that world of the original X-Men

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:55 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

The teen versions are the original X-Men from 616. Kid-Cyclops got shot and almost died, causing Adult-Cyclops to fade out of existence until Kid was revived. However the rules seem to shift with Bendis' whims...

But yes, they are from the '60s. However, the comment still stands - even time-corrected to put them as originally from the '00s, people were not as accepting as they are today.

After all, if you do the math, Peter Parker only became Spider-Man in about 2001...

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:07 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

wait...Bendis is writing this ?! no wonder the dialogue structure is so familiar

as for Peter Parker, yeah until Marvel says otherwise he's an eternal 28 year old who did the "sensible" thing by leaving a hot headstrong redhead at the alter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:30 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Haven't read the issue but saw the leaked pages of the reveal. That was a shockingly bad piece of work, even by Bendis's usual "back & forth" dialogue standards.

Profile WWW