Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Amazing Spider-Man (2014)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:11 pm 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Code:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50229

Whelp, I knew it was too good to be true. Peter Parker is going to return.

Quote:
Following the leak that Dan Slott and Humberto Ramos will launch a new "Amazing Spider-Man" series as a part of All-New Marvel NOW! later this year, The New York Daily News has not only confirmed the series' existence, but revealed that Peter Parker will be back in control of his body by the series' April debut.

“We’ve gone over 30 issues without Peter Parker, so when we let him out of that box and he gets to put on that costume again and he gets to swing through the sky, it’s going to be the greatest feeling,” Slott told the New York Daily News

I particularly hate this quote:
Quote:
“To do that for a solid year of my life, that’s the hardest thing I’ve had to do -- to look small children in the eye at a convention and lie to them,” the writer said.

You've also been lying to ME, Dan! Someone who wanted Parker to STAY DEAD! It was a spectacular storyline, for Stan's sake!

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:08 pm 
Knight

549 total thanks.
Say thanks

Quote:
You've also been lying to ME, Dan! Someone who wanted Parker to STAY DEAD! It was a spectacular storyline, for Stan's sake!

HA!!! Ok... funny lines aside, Superior has been a FAR better run than I ever thought it would be... but we all knew it would end... and, honestly, I'm surprised it took this long. We all knew Pete would be back...

the only question now, I suppose, other than Pete reintegrating himself back into his own life (and everything Otto has changed about it) is what happens to Otto? Does he claim a new body? If so, how does he react to not being Peter anymore? That could be a book on it's own... hell, take over Superior Foes with that and I'd buy the damned thing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:03 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Superior Foes is a fun book, not something for Otto to angst about being unable to continue on as Superior Spider-Man in some fashion... Although it would be funny to see him adopt the Parker Angst. He'll probably die for a few years, though...

EDIT:
I just had a thought - Parker Industries is making artificial limbs now. Why not an artificial body?

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: The Amazing Spider-Man (2014)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:14 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

Octavius always has a backup plan,I'm sure.

the only thing I hated about the whole arc was the Liefeld-esque art by Humberto Ramos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:02 am 
Knight

345 total thanks.
Say thanks

I really hope that Otto still has a place in the MU as a hero after Parker returns. I would hate to just see him revert to type and act like Superior Spider-Man never happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:27 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well then...

CBR wrote:
Marvel has informed CBR exclusively that April's "Amazing Spider-Man" #1 has passed 500,000 copies in initial retailer orders. An exact number was not made available, and may change following next week's order cutoff.

Be interesting to know what kind of incentives they've used (other than the 9 variant covers) to get retailers to fork out for that many copies of a $5.99 book.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:54 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

FIVE DOLLARS?! Marvel should have put it to $2.99 and sold twice as many. How many first issues other than Marvelman/Miracleman/Whoeverman have been over $4?

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:21 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Try reading that again - it's $5.99 :)

As for other high priced #1s, recently they've only had Wolverine: Origin II @ $4.99 I think. Although they have the double shipping trick for putting out #1 & #2 in the same month. Seems like people are willing to live with that now. Always wondered how well things would sell if they put out an $8 book instead of double shipping.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:54 am 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

acelister wrote:
SIX DOLLARS?! Marvel should have put it to $2.99 and sold twice as many. How many first issues other than Marvelman/Miracleman/Whoeverman have been over $4?

IFTFM...

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:55 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I love how they pretend to give a shit about kids while swinging their bank account around as leverage in every argument against the book.

"No, it was really easy to shit on 50 years of other people's blood/sweat/tears...and it was super easy to make fun of fans instead of answering their questions...but the hard part, the really hard part, was telling some little kid something that wouldn't even register, since they're too young to give a shit."

I also don't see why we're pretending that ASM is going to be any different from SSM. They've already confirmed that they're scrapping their books and starting over every 2 years. So...if the adage "nothing's sacred in comic books" didn't mean anything before, it's now gospel. I mean, how many times have they killed off Ultimate Spider-Man already?

For the next year, all ASM is going to be is Marvel cherry-picking which bombs they wanna defuse, out of all the ones they've been haphazardly tossing about since January 2013. Which is still just going to be Peter Parker only ever talking about Otto Octavius. Seriously. Everyone hated BND and OMD...but at least they had the good sense to lump all that nonsense into 3-4 issues, instead of droning on and on about it.

If there is a return to form for Peter Parker, it certainly won't be this month/year.

p sure - they already said that the INFINITE run of ASM to run alongside the print-issues is focusing on Peter freshly in his new body "confused and thinking he's a criminal." If this is the case, Slott randomly forcing us into a 'Now Peter's reliving all of Octavius' thoughts for no reason' aside in the last several issues is just a sloppy segue to that.

So...here we'll probably have Peter Parker thinking he's Otto Octavius, committing more character assassination for no reason, only to relearn the Uncle Ben/Gwen Stacy lesson (rendering them and their significance moot), so that people who watch popular summer movies don't get confused by a three-digit number in the top corner, instead of 1 or 2 digit number up there.

Never thought I'd be so sad to see Peter Parker "come back." For the first time in my life, I'm probably going to have to just...stop reading Spider-Man. It's not a story, it's a circus, and all the clowns, acrobats, and sword-jugglers are just going through the motions, collecting paychecks.

Say what you will about Stan Lee, but that was a man guided more by his heart and his love for comics than his wallet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:31 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

And there's the sales scam, sorry, incentive that's pushed the numbers for this one so high.

Robot 6 @ CBR wrote:
The publisher hasn’t released an official figure, but best counts put the number close to 50, most of which are retailer custom covers purchased exclusively by stores and conventions. To get their hands on one of those exclusives, a retailer (or a convention, or a trade group like the Comic Book Retailers Alliance) had to order a minimum of 3,000 copies of The Amazing Spider-Man #1 for a standard edition; for a sketch version, the number dropped to 1,500 (both are the standard numbers for Marvel’s custom variants).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:23 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Love what they did with Doc Ock. Hope he returns, but still glad to see Peter Benjamin Parker return. :spider:

~

Loved Superior Spider-Man and what Slott did with Doc Ock. But I am glad to see Peter Benjamin Parker back where he belongs.

MOD: Merged, double post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:49 pm 
Duke

563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Honestly, I was bummed when Parker's return was announced, but I am honestly enjoying it so far.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:49 pm 
Duke

2,046 total thanks.
Say thanks

so Ghost will be the main antagonist in #16, iirc he was also the main antagonist back in Vol.2 #16

wtf Marvel ?