Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: X-Men: Apocalypse (2016)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:15 pm 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

First bit of new casting news for this one.

Variety wrote:
Oscar Isaac has closed a deal to play the titular comicbook villain in 20th Century Fox’s “X-Men: Apocalypse.”

Bryan Singer will direct the superhero pic with Simon Kinberg writing the script.

Singer has described the upcoming X-Men film, which is expected to feature all cast members including Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and James McAvoy, as the most destructive movie in the franchise.

“‘Apocalypse’ will have more of the mass destruction that ‘X-Men’ films, to date, have not relied upon,” he recently said. “There’s definitely now a character and a story that allow room for that kind of spectacle.”

Singer also suggested that “Apocalypse,” set in the 1980s, could feature younger versions of familiar characters.

Fox will release on May 27, 2016.

The most recent “X-Men: Days of Future Past,” co-starring Hugh Jackman, has earned a monstrous $745 million worldwide at the box office.

Singer had been meeting with actors for the past couple of weeks but sources say Isaac always seemed like the type of actor Singer wanted for the role and the long-time favorite from the start.

Isaac is set to have a big year ahead of him with A24′s “A Most Violent Year” set to bow in December, with the company feeling it will have major awards play for Isaac. He is also set to star in the next “Star Wars” pic for Disney.

Profile WWW  

The thanks button has been moved to the left hand column, under user details.
You can now thank people for any post, not just the original topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:59 am 
Duke

Thanked 0 times for this post.
563 total thanks.
Say thanks

Can't think of anything I've seen staring him, so I can't say whether I think he'll suit the role. His looks won't factor into it, as I imagine he will be made up a lot, like Thanos was in GotG.

Watch Iron Manime!

Profile WWW