All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:23 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
549 total thanks.
Say thanks

BrooklynBomber wrote:
You know why I enjoy this run on DD more than any other that's been published in about the last ten years? He's getting to win a little bit. We were so conditioned to constantly seeing him beaten down and distraught and the book had this sense of overwhelming hoplesness and became depressing to read.

they took a cue from Spider-Man and his success with the new job and all :spider:

I really loved the Daredevil Reborn mini-series but haven't really gotten into the ongoing at all... I need to give it another shot...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:06 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Sad to see Rivera leaving, but glad that Samnee is in.

Post subject: Re: Daredevil (2011)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:04 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I've heard really good things about this series. I just subscribed to marvel comics unlimited online and they have a few of these issues, I think I'll try it out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:29 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Well this is a bit of a kick in the teeth. I can't stand the Infinite format so I'm gonna be missing out on this one.

CBR wrote:
Mark Waid and Peter Krause hit the dusty highways of America with the Man Without Fear in the Marvel Infinite Comic "Daredevil: Road Warrior."

Earlier this month, an editorial answer in the "Daredevil" #34 letter column and a tweeted cover by current "Daredevil" artist Chris Samnee indicated that the Eisner Award-winning series was nearing its end, and a new interview on Marvel.com verifies that speculation.

The digital comic serves as the coda for Waid's time with Matt Murdock and company, wrapping up the epic story he's been telling in the monthly "Daredevil" title. As part of his farewell to the character, he and his "Insufferable" partner Krause are also having ol' hornhead bid adieu to his traditional stomping ground in New York City's Hell's Kitchen for a cross-country adventure.

"Up until now, every time we've taken Matt out of New York, it's been in service of awful, awful things," Waid told Marvel.com. "This feels more like the beginning of a grand journey. Which does not discount the eventuality of awful, awful things, of course; no one wants to read a Daredevil story where everything goes smoothly for him.

"Matt's beginning a whole new chapter in his life following the events of 'Daredevil' #36," Waid continued. "He's excited but apprehensive at the same time"

"Daredevil: Road Warrior" debuts in February following the release of "Daredevil" #36.

Profile WWW  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:05 pm 
Serf

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

just snagged vol 1 issue 158 ( first frank miller) heyyoooo 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:24 pm 
Duke

13,234 total thanks.
Say thanks

Ah well, I guess it had to happen at some point. Looks like the final Marvel book will be leaving my pull list.

Quote:
DAREDEVIL #13
MARK WAID (W) • CHRIS SAMNEE (A/C)
VARIANT COVER BY PHIL NOTO
THE END BEGINS HERE!
• Mark Waid and Chis Samnee begin the climactic final chapter of their beloved, Eisner Award Winning run with the return of one of Matt Murdock’s oldest and (now) scariest enemies.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Profile WWW