Say thanks

Or could it be Allen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 pm 
Knight

Thanked 0 times for this post.
0 total thanks.
Say thanks

At the end of issue #96 in the letters sections Kirkman said that issue #97 was either going to be peoples favorite or least favorite issue of the series, and I would have to say that it was one of my favorite issues in a long time. This book has always been consistently good but especially the last arc that just passed, but I really feel like this book is going to do something special going into 100. The outcome from Zandale sharing his origin story with his parents is crazy. Then Phillip Schaff the creator science dog explaing his creative choices leading to the 100th issue of Science Dog clearly being an outlet for Kirkman touching on The Walking Dead and the temporary replacement of Mark as Invincible was good stuff, but the best part of this issue and one of the funniest panels I've seen in a long time was toward the end involving Mark & Eve, and Ill leave it at that. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:18 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

I have already bought it and will begining to read it since issue number 1 :S

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:32 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

calamelo wrote:

Nice enjoy! Its one of my favorite books

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:06 am 
Knight

100 total thanks.
Say thanks

batmanandrobin wrote:
calamelo wrote:

Nice enjoy! Its one of my favorite books

Mine too!

Post subject: Re: Invincible (2003) Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:58 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

i hate to say it but i am going to take a break from reading invincible on a monthly basis. after reading 98-100 this week, i feel unimpressed. i have always enjoyed the book, but 100 just left me thinking thats it? i am sure i will return another day but for now i must bid invincible farewell.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:56 pm 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

fezzdogg wrote:

Mine too!

What did you think of issue #101?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:31 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Does anybody know any of the reasons behind the erratic publishing schedule for Invincible?
Issues have been slipping past their dates and I don't see the monthly listed in Image's advance solicitations for January or February at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:34 pm 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

Such a badass comic, i must start re reading it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:43 pm 
Count

3,874 total thanks.
Say thanks

some Invincible news, courtesy of Newsarama:

Code:
 A new teaser from Image Comics hints at a big announcement for Robert Kirkman's Invincible at the forthcoming Image Expo. The teaser's text says simply "1st issue in a BOLD New Direction!"

Now, in the era of the New 52 and Marvel NOW! it's easy to take that literally, and assume that the long-running independent superhero series is getting a new #1, but we're not so sure. First, there's the filename of the teaser as sent by Skybound and Image: "Invincible-111Teaser." That seems to say it all right there, that this will be more of a ".NOW" than a true "#1" style of first issue. Of course, the March 2014 solicitation for Invincible #110 only says "All good things must come to an end."

There's also what Kirkman himself told us about the long-running series when we asked about high numbers on covers back at San Diego Comic-Con last Summer.

"Nrama: Other publishers are a little scared of high issue numbers, it seems, of late…

Kirkman: It’s incredibly foolish! All market data indicates that the new number strategy doesn’t help books longterm, which I find hilarious. But keep doing what you’re doing!

Nrama: What do you do to keep Invincible fresh so that new readers can come into it if they’re finding you through your other work?

Kirkman: I think the trade paperback program is very important. Having all your trades in print, and clearly numbered so that it’s a series that’s almost like a manga series – when you go into a book store and see there’s 45 volumes of Naruto. That, I think, encourages you to try a series and get into it.

I don’t understand the thinking that “Volume 17” is something you don’t ever want to see, that people would see that and say “I can’t get into that, that’s too many books!”

Because of the digital market and the prevalence of trade paperbacks and graphic novels in the bookstore market, they’re very available, and it is fun to be able to go in once a month and buy a new Invincible trade and get caught up! I think having the big numbers, having a long-running series, gives a series weight, it makes it seem substantial. It makes it seem like it’s worth investing time into. But, I don’t know, maybe I’m wrong!"

So don't go lambasting the creator for turning on his heel just yet, but do feel free to speculate as to what the bold new direction for Invincible will be with April's issue, whatever number is on the cover.

As much as I am against reboots and renumbering, I do think this series could actual use it. Invincible used to be one of my favorite series, but the past year it's just gone downhill for me. Between issue delays and the lackluster plot, its just got kinda bland. So hopefully a new direction will really help it. As long as it isn't Oliver taking over as Invincible.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:41 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

impulse wrote:
As long as it isn't Oliver taking over as Invincible.

This seems to be a favourite speculation as to what the new direction will be.

If they can get back to a regular shipping schedule I'd be happy. Yes, the plot seems to be somewhat lacking for direction and momentum at the moment but hopefully the long time in between issues releasing has let Kirkman et al. figure out what Invincible should be doing. Or maybe I'm just living in hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:30 pm 
Knight

30 total thanks.
Say thanks

I really like the book, just wish it would come out more often.. the new direction is also pretty intresting, and a nice throwback to the series begining as well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:52 am 
Knight

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

With everything that has happened in the last couple issues, especially #112, I now know why sister comic Invincible Universe has vanished for the time being. Talk about a big reshuffle of the deck.

Although I wonder where this storyline leads for the Invincible line going forward.
Spoiler: show
Kirkman obviously isn't one to shy away from killing fan favourite characters, he's like Joss Whedon or George RR Martin in that respect. But once all is said and done will Robot be beaten and things return to superheroing as standard, just minus a bunch of major, minor and side players?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:22 am 
Squire

0 total thanks.
Say thanks

personally think Kirkman puts more effort into writing this than TWD. But im glad because this IMO has always been his best title. I hope this status quo is kept for a while.